Outraged at cj merchants and terminating affiliates
    Dear xxx,

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Ace Mart Restaurant Supply has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 17-Nov-2005.

If you would like to locate another advertiser in the network to partner with, login to your Account Manager (http://www.cj.com/login.jsp) and visit the Get Links tab.

Best Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

pss. they don't even give a reason why I was terminated from there programs. A waste of time promoting cj merchants, cj merchants seem to not value there affiliate programs. I do some investigating in seo to try to figure out whats the best target audience for merchants and plan my attack it may take more then 30 days to have a successful target of buyers, and they have a reason to come back :0). you can add the following merchants that terminated me for no reason and even after numourous replys to there emails and a valued partnership gone to waste because they don't know the concept of affiliate marketing and the purpose of not having them as a advertising tool but a word of mouth tool. Geez thats why I refuse to use cjs link directory unless there participating at abestweb, where they are 1 click Private message) for support and or forum support. Also isn't the merchants below have a affiliate manager here at abestweb?

ImmuneSupport.com: Terminated in cj mail without no explanation
    Altrec.com Outdoors: a merchant at goldencan terminated me for no reason
    Winferno Software: Terminated....

hmm I'm starting to lose faith on cj.

Seems like theres several advertisers but they do not understand the meaning of affiliate marketing and the word "support" that is supposed to be the job of the affiliate manager.

Also Gadget Universe which I sold many products from in the past terminated me without no notice. hmm been Affiliated with them since they launched there program which was 3-4 years ago. Oh well time to work on more pages.

ABW Ambassador
    That is exactly how the CJ form letters are sent out, brimming full of love and respect for humanity - even if it's the merchant who is pulling out of their network.

Check back in a couple of weeks and see if the merchants are even still with CJ at that time.

A lot of places will arbitrarily terminate an affiliate if a sale has not been produced within a certain time frame.

Just reapply if you're interested. Or if you haven't been interested enough in promoting them in the first place, just ignore them.

This happened to me once with a merchant that I had joined and never gotten around to doing anything with. As it turned out, the termination notice served as a reminder to me at a time when I was looking for the exact line of products that they had on offer. If not for the termination, they would have remained forgotten and I would have lost out on a nice steady stream of cash.

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of places will arbitrarily terminate an affiliate if a sale has not been produced within a certain time frame.
    A lot of places also send out activation emails if you've not produced - mostly very courteous and offering advice or assistance in "helping you succeed."

Yeah those are the programs where you find yourself head-to-head with 200 serious competitors instead of 2.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc101
    Also Gadget Universe which I sold many products from in the past terminated me without no notice. hmm been Affiliated with them since they launched there program which was 3-4 years ago. Oh well time to work on more pages.
    I think Gadget Universe left CJ (or at least they were deactivated) in May or June this year.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    ImmuneSupport moved over to LS.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

CJ IS love. Thought you all knew that!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Oh, is that what I stepped in? Didn't smell like love...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

A while back ace mart terminated me. No reason given, I had some clicks and a few small sales. I immediately switched links to a competitor. The very next day I had a sale with that competitor that was a little over $1,700. Probably just a coincidence but it made me feel good. No better way to say "hah, the heck with you" to a merchant.

I don't think any affiliate should be terminated without at least taking the time to contact them and see if things can be worked on.... with the exception of Spyware and such (of course), who - if they've managed to sneak into the program in the first place - deserve to be terminated without any delay.

You just never know, as Mellie noted, what the potential is just looking at the raw numbers.

Paul

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread