Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Direct Deposit in Canada
    Canadian Pubishers,

I would like to setup DD. My bank is Bank of Nova Scotia.

This is the number sequence in my cheque( illustration only)

check No.-------- Transit No.----- Institution Number------Account Number
    ---123------------- 45678 ---------------123 ------------- 12345 67

How do I setup my Accountand routing number? Is it like this:

Account Number: 1234567

Routing Number : 012345678

Thank you.

Looks good to me.

I'm not with Scotiabank and my bank account number has more digits, but if that's the same number of digits as appears on your Scotiabank cheque should be ok

I cant believe you just posted this.
    I was about to post the same question for CIBC.

I did it but i guess i did it wrong.
    Does anyone know the numbers for CIBC?
    except of the account.

my check looks like that (its not the real numbers):
    022||03078-090||52-52369

how should i set it in Cj?

Thank you.
    Last edited by felix8; November 28th, 2005 at 01:07 PM.
    Israeli Guy

In order to receive direct deposit, you will select the country you are banking in and then enter the bank name, bank account number you wish to use, and the routing number. Please do not include any hyphens when entering these numbers. Your routing number contains 8 digits, broken into a set of 5 digits followed a set of 3 digits, and can be found on your checks as shown below. You will need to reverse the order of those two sets of digits and add a zero to the front to come up with your correct 9-digit routing number. For example, if the routing number on your check appears as "12345-678", you will enter it in the routing code field as "067812345".

Summary: 0 + institution number + transit number
    Routing number here would be 0 123 45678

This is outlined with a graphic if you use CJ Help - Search term "Set up direct deposit" then click on the left column " Publisher Payment Options" then click "canadian Publishers"
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Canadian Pubishers,

I would like to setup DD. My bank is Bank of Nova Scotia.

Thank you.
    Sorry but that won't work with Bank of NS. I tried 6 times before finally giving up with that Bank and went back to mail. The numbers are not what you think first of all. All DD deposits go through a US clearing Bank first. You have to have the routing number for that bank. I had it and probably can find it again but if you call them they can supply it. Like I said it kept failiing on me and I'm sure that if you try it the way you were going to it will definitely fail. Finally after talking to a lot of people at head office (who were confused over what I was trying to do) I found out that a special form had to be sent by our personal branch to request another form from the US clearing branch. Then it has to be approved. My bank were hesitant to approve it because it states that the issuer in this case Commission Junction can demand the money back up to a certain amount of days ( I forget).. but the real reason I quit was that I was unsure this was even going to work... and the fact that I now had 6 commission checks that I needed ASAP. *The first one was lost in the mail hence my desire for the DD...BTW the check did finally show up 7 months later!! ..after I had it replaced...and of course I did not cash it.

My question is ....has anyone had sucess with DD in Canada? If so what bank and what should we know?

If you get this working with Bank of NS. / ScotiaBank...please post it ASAP. I'd like to give it another try but only if I follow someone else who was actually sucessful.

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg

Summary: 0 + institution number + transit number
    Routing number here would be 0 123 45678

This is outlined with a graphic if you use CJ Help - Search term "Set up direct deposit" then click on the left column " Publisher Payment Options" then click "canadian Publishers"
    That won't work.. I tried it at the beginning of this year..... at least not with Scotia Bank (Bank of NS).. They have a clearing house in the US and it's that routing number that is needed. See my answer to the original post above.

K I need to clarify here.

1) I am Canadian
    2) I live in Canada
    3) I get my DD to a Canadian bank (which if you looked for pretty much any CJ DD post you will see my nick floating around)
    4) It works and has worked for over a year consecutively
    5) This works with BMO and CIBC (Which I have been using for pretty much the last year) and I believe RBC.
    6) Again, do a search for Bank of Nova Scotia + Direct Deposit and you should see the threads (most by me) that it doesn't work with them. I hadn't tried since the last time over a year ago but had assumed it probably did by now.

Now, I apologize for not talking about the Bank of Nova Scotia but like I said I hadn't tried them in over a year.

My question is ....has anyone had sucess with DD in Canada? If so what bank and what should we know?
    That won't work.. I tried it at the beginning of this year.....
    I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, so ask for clairifcation before calling someone a liar over two consecutive posts.
    I've told you what you have to do, I've told you what banks I have had success with and which I "believe" work as well.
    Edited because I'm toning it down a bit ~ count to 100 before posting when someone pisses you off.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

K I need to clarify here.

1) I am Canadian
    2) I live in Canada
    3) I get my DD to a Canadian bank (which if you looked for pretty much any CJ DD post you will see my nick floating around)
    4) It works and has worked for over a year consecutively
    5) This works with BMO and CIBC (Which I have been using for pretty much the last year) and I believe RBC.
    6) Again, do a search for Bank of Nova Scotia + Direct Deposit and you should see the threads (most by me) that it doesn't work with them. I hadn't tried since the last time over a year ago but had assumed it probably did by now.

Now, I apologize for not talking about the Bank of Nova Scotia but like I said I hadn't tried them in over a year.

I'm not blowing smoke up your ass dumbass, so ask for clairifcation before calling someone a liar over two consecutive posts.
    I've told you what you have to do, I've told you what banks I have had success with and which I "believe" work as well.
    Next time you need help, take your request and shove it up your ass
    Wow... take a pill while you are counting to one hundred. I wasn't calling you a liar (although now I have some new names for you.. read your post for hints) I can see why you toned it down as in most forums that kind of response would get you banned. I posted the real quote to show people exactly how you responded to me.

As I said... I was only telling mdaisy that it WON'T work with ScotiaBank which you just agreed with. Yet you took it to mean that I'm calling you a liar?? ooooeeeeooooo Where did I say that? I was trying to help this person same as you.

Oh and by the way it wasn't me looking for your help and no danger of that in the future either..so you can

Dammit ... I just lost my post!

****Steaming****

Ok round two. ( refering to the post, not you )

I edited because I came off ruder than usual.
    I said such, but you still go and post the original (rude in itself but whatever) AND talk about that being banworthy? Wow, you must visit some pretty petite and dainty forums and you certainly haven't been round these parts much. LOL

Back to back posts saying it doesn't work, it won't work, has anybody been able to get it work and a little "if you do that it will fail", raised the ire as it were. ~ How does that come across? Like you're calling me a liar.

Had a post been made like, what bank did you use? or are you sure, I tried that with no success did you do anything different?
    Then wow, think of the good friends we could have been

(side note ~ also works with a few credit unions including Prospera & FVCU but apparently not all of them.)

Now, is that all cleared up? You annoyed me I annoyed you, it's over now or shall we keep dancing? (i'm having that kind of day so I'm willing, but it is a waste of time)

I get and many people I know successfully get DD's from CJ and I've listed a few here.
    So it does work and I told you how I got it to work, ok.

Regardless, welcome to ABW
    (piss and vinegar 1 minute, newbie love the next ... ain't this place great? LOL)

Thumbs up
    Dammit ... I just lost my post!

****Steaming****

Ok round two. ( refering to the post, not you )

I edited because I came off ruder than usual.
    I said such, but you still go and post the original (rude in itself but whatever) AND talk about that being banworthy? Wow, you must visit some pretty petite and dainty forums and you certainly haven't been round these parts much. LOL

Back to back posts saying it doesn't work, it won't work, has anybody been able to get it work and a little "if you do that it will fail", raised the ire as it were. ~ How does that come across? Like you're calling me a liar.

Had a post been made like, what bank did you use? or are you sure, I tried that with no success did you do anything different?
    Then wow, think of the good friends we could have been

(side note ~ also works with a few credit unions including Prospera & FVCU but apparently not all of them.)

Now, is that all cleared up? You annoyed me I annoyed you, it's over now or shall we keep dancing? (i'm having that kind of day so I'm willing, but it is a waste of time)

I get and many people I know successfully get DD's from CJ and I've listed a few here.
    So it does work and I told you how I got it to work, ok.

Regardless, welcome to ABW
    (piss and vinegar 1 minute, newbie love the next ... ain't this place great? LOL)
    Enough of before we both are

Time for

Not a great way to get to know each other for sure.. well actually maybe a good way to get to 'know' each other ... but definitely on the wrong foot.... I have other 'thin skinned' friends... so yah..you can be one of them if you like...

I was only talking about ScotiaBank and there stupid policies. In the end they told me they were not fond of accepting DD's like this because they can't put holds on them unless they monitor them... so changing banks IS the only option for now. Stupid bank if you ask me but I've been with them for 15 years and they cash checks other banks would put a hold on for too long a time.

Thanks for the welcome. No need for us to fight.... I'm a pretty good guy if you get to know me and prefer to get along with people ..but as you now know.... I can get my back up as well...

As for forums...I only visit one other sports related one so this is my second that I've signed up for and did so only to help with the ScotiaBank question.

Cheers

Went to send you a PM but you aren't there yet.
    I have other 'thin skinned' friends... so yah..you can be one of them if you like...
    PARDON!?!?! LOL

Basically was going to say I have been really happy with CIBC for this.
    There have been no problems and their fees are less than I was paying at BMO for both business and personal accounts.
    They do hold funds for a bit till you get a history with them though. For cashing US cheques the best thing I did was get a Bank of America account across the border. Easier to get that account than a Canadian bank account, go figure.
    I did set up one of my direct deposits to go there as well and because of that, don't pay any fees for my package.
    Sorry, don't know where you're from so don't know if that's an option for you.

See how nice we get along ... stupid peace smilie doesn't work... keeps showing a instead of the symbol.
    Edited because I wasn't sticking my tongue out at you, honest

Cool
    yah I tried that stupid peace symbol and it didn't work for me either

I'm from Nova Scotia Canada....hence ScotiaBank.... I do have a US bank account but I didn't think Canadian affiliates would be able to use that

Where are you from?

From sea to shining sea
    I'm in Vancouver, BC ~ Stop laughing at the pictures of us dealing with our snow today

Cool
    Wow.... Vancouver with snow.....: what next .... a heatwave in Winnipeg....

Snow is on the way here too

Snow is fun. Just bought new skis.
    Im in Montreal having same stupid problems with CIBC.
    Why CJ must complicate everything.

Im trying Popdawg's way now.

Thanks.
    Israeli Guy

I had no problems with getting DD set up with TD.

No problems with DD for SAS and TD either.

I have no problem with PC Bank CAD account.But have problem with getting DD set up with TD.
    I have USD account with TD,I want CJ to deposit to this USD account,it's the second time doesn't work.

I have one idea,tormorrow,scan one void check and send it to CJ,I believe CJ guys knew more than I do.Hope it works.If it doesn't work,Next time it's not my problem,that's CJ's problem.We can blame them
    :P

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    CJ direct deposit goes into the Scotiabank and Royalbank for me no problem like clockwork...both of the accounts are checking accounts if that makes a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Justdoit
    CJ direct deposit goes into the Scotiabank and Royalbank for me no problem like clockwork...both of the accounts are checking accounts if that makes a difference?
    An you set-up it like this:

Thank you.

CJ told me they cannot do DD into USF accounts at CDN banks.

I have what's called a Borderless account at TD, which I set up for the DD's - but CJ insisted it had to be a CDN dollar account.

The DD's works fine for me with CDN CHQ account@ TD. I had a bit of a problem setting up so finally I faxed CJ a cheque and they did it for me.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Mdaisy,
    All I have filled in is for account type=checking , account number=1234567, routing number add a "0" first then the code for the bank ie royalbank is 003, scotiabank is 002 then the transit number of 45678. hopes this makes sense..
    If not feel free to pm me and I can walk you thru it by msn or phone...
    did this for popdawg last year and Madawg has been receiving her regular CJ checks since and is very happy...

Justdoit did it
    That and a good chat too.

Cool

Wow you are kidding. I tried to make it work over 3 tries (months) and could not get it to work. Tried everything that ScotiaBank told me to do....even faxed a check to CJ and they couldn't get it work either. Tried their routing number (they gave me) for their clearance bank in the US.

Please tell me the magic trick needed to get ScotiaBank to work....

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT
    I had no problems with getting DD set up with TD.

No problems with DD for SAS and TD either.
    SAS ? What does that stand for?

Question
    Business checking accounts? Curious... why would you have two different banks? Are you set up with ScotiaBank for CJ? If so how did you do it? I even faxed them a check and they couldn't make it happen. Is it because maybe it's a business checking account? So many questions and CJ can't answer any of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast