15 years and counting
    Athena striking again
    Just read that in a merchant newsletter.
    As of January 2006 Linkshare will phase out affiliates who have not registered through Athena. Consequently it is important that you register today.
    I've not seen any official communication about Athena at LinkShare in a long time. What else is new at LinkShare?
    Are the Rakuten people going to do let us know what they are planning to do?

Yeah. I'd like to know this, too. I got the email from a merchant whom I don't trust very much. Why do I get this notice from the merchant and nothing from LS? WTF?
    ~Ernie

Question
    What is Athena ?

15 years and counting
    The biggest fiasco in our short Affiliate Marketing history.
    More here:
    http://www.linkshare.com/press/athena.html

To understand what has been going on for months and obviously is not solved, you need to read a few threads
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55579

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59045

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Zeus,
    LinkShare has no imminent plans at this time to phase out or remove affiliates who are not registered or validated. We have in the past and will continue in the future to from time to time clean up our database by removing affiliates who have been inactive for an extended period of time. Since affiliates who have not registered through Athena are unable to get paid and wouldn't have been paid since March, it is unlikely that there are many active, non-registered affiliates in our Network. To clarify, I'm talking about registration and not validation which are 2 different things. We have absolutely no plans to purge registered affiliates who are not validated. We may purge inactive, non-registered affiliates just as we have purged inactive accounts in the past. However, we have no set timeframe in mind at this point.

I would appreciate it if you'd let me know which merchant sent the communication so that we can clarify the situation with them.

Kelli

15 years and counting
    No problem Kelli, PM on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    Why do I get this notice from the merchant and nothing from LS? WTF?
    That's the way it typically works with us and LS. Quite often we learn of things from the merchants long before we hear it from LS.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that management team sent that message out on a bunch of their programs. I got it on 5 programs today! Scary stuff since I STILL can not get validated.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread