Question how linkshare track sales?No cookie?
    Many customers don't buy first time they visited website,so,how Linkshare track sales?If customers come second time,do they track?
    it's good or not without cookie?

15 years and counting
    There was an interesting discussion regarding this subject between Steve Messer and Todd Crawford on ABW a few months ago. If I remember well, even if LinkShare don't use cookies, cookies are set up and tracked by the merchant.
    LinkShare merchants have return days, not all, some, you can see them in your account.
    "Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    There was an interesting discussion regarding this subject between Steve Messer and Todd Crawford on ABW a few months ago. If I remember well, even if LinkShare don't use cookies, cookies are set up and tracked by the merchant.
    LinkShare merchants have return days, not all, some, you can see them in your account.
    "Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs"
    hi,Zeus
    Do you mean return days is their cookies day?Or just reversale day?
    I am quite confuse.
    yesterday Nov./28 I have $117 in my account.
    Today,I found I made one sale yesterday,it's $6, then balance should be $123?but Linkshare shows $122.
    Then I check back, from Nov/1 to Nov/27, My account balance is $116, Sales number are the same,but where is $1 gone?

15 years and counting
    What you're seeing in your reports has nothing to do with return days. I have the same problem with LinkShare. Yesterday evening my balance (Total Amount in my Individual Item Report) was much higher than this morning. Where are these missing transactions? Can't find them, not even in my Non-Commissionable Sales Report.

They must be running their update backward. Just wait, a few days or more, eventually it will come back normal.
    Last edited by Zeus; November 29th, 2005 at 10:42 AM.

Talking
    What you're seeing in your reports have nothing to do with return days. I have the same problem with LinkShare. Yesterday evening my balance (Total Amount in my Individual Item Report) was much higher than this morning. Where are these missing transactions? Can't find them, not even in my Non-Commissionable Sales Report.

They must be running their update backward. Just wait, a few days or more, eventually it will come back normal.
    Thank you so much Zeus,
    I am new to Linkshare.
    I knew you are very good affiliate.
    One more question,maybe you don't like to answer it.I just try to ask.
    You made more from Linkshare or CJ?or in house program?
    Seems Linkshare customer service better than CJ.

15 years and counting
    Last time I had a question for a customer service, it was at least 6 years ago. I'm still waiting for an answer. I learned not to use them. First, it's better for my sanity then I believe we should keep the overhead of these companies low so they can afford to have a better reporting. Most of the time, if you look around on the web, you'll find the answer to your question.
    Regarding which network is the best, I don't have a definitive answer. I made a killing with LinkShare before 1999/2000. I had my best years with CJ between 2001-2003. What's important is the merchant you are working with. You have to sell what your visitors are willing to buy. The networks are just there to track your sales and make sure you get paid. The problem is that some of these networks are getting the big head and would like to run your business.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I think this is one of the most important comments on this board this year...

What's important is the merchant you are working with. You have to sell what your visitors are willing to buy. The networks are just there to track your sales and make sure you get paid. The problem is that some of these networks are getting the big head and would like to run your business.
    There is alot to this comment, not just what Zeus posted but if you read it several times, it really sinks in and tells you the state of the affiliate marketing industry today.

It's always been a merchant / affiliate relationship...thats the only way it can work. Build your relationship with the merchants, with the AM's and you have a solid buss model.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Good merchant is hardest part for me now.
    And then find what our customer want.

Good merchant means to me is good conversion,not sure it's right or not.
    It might be a good merchant,
    But problems are
    1. I didn't bright it the right customers to them,so I have to keep finding the right customers.Focus on RIGHT.
    2. I found the right customers,but too many competers,I am not good enough to compete with them.No customers, Money just for look.
    3. I found the right customers,and not many competers, but market is too small.

few monthes,I learned a lot from nice guys.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread