Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    AAGGGHHHH! buy.com
    Yesterday I tried to place an order with buy.com. I got caught in a loop I couldn't get out of and the darn interface wouldn't place my order. I finally gave up, sent them an email asking for support and went off to do something else.

Today I tried again. I deleted the cookie and started from scratch. Everything worked fine until the very last step, when I hit the "complete the order" button. I got no thank you page, no confirmation, just bounced back to the index page.

So now I'm sitting here like a jerk hitting the "receive mail" button over and over waiting for a confirmation email I doubt will ever come.

If anyone has a phone number for the AM at buy.com please share. I would very much like to spread the joy I feel right now.

15 years and counting
    If it can make you feel better see this blog. Seems like they have some problems.
    http://computergripes.blogspot.com/2....html#comments
    http://www.computergripes.com/buy.com.html

Thanks for the link Zeus.

Based on my own shopping experience with buy.com and what I read on that blog I decided to pull all their banners from my sites.

I was able to confirm that the order was placed, but now I'm worried I won't receive the gifts I ordered in time for Christmas.

I never had trouble with them infact I am making loads of money. Mind sending your buy.com visitors to me

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Well I just placed an order with Buy.com and today I get an email stating there will be a delay in my order. So maybe they are having some issues?

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Hi Buy.com Affiliates,

Feel free to send me your order #'s so I can research them personally for you. Delays can happen when we have a killer deal on a product and sell out before the inventory update kicks in...I am just guessing in this case.

Send the order # over and I will get right back to you.

Thanks for your feedback, I have forwarded this thread to our CTO.

Cheers,
    Melissa
    Senior Marketing Manager
    melissa@buy.com

By the way- those blogs were mostly in 2004, we have made tremendous improvements since then :-)

Thanks for checking in, Melissa. I'm happy to say that my order arrived today.

One suggestion though, could you suggest to the shipping department that they put the shipping label on the side that doesn't have the seam? I had a heck of a time opening the box without tearing the shipping label.

Buy.com did come thru and the last of my order, well besides the one item they recommend I cancel and I di, arrived today. So maybe Buy.com is not so bad after all

What'd you order, dfl?

I got "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" for hubby, "Nightmare Before Christmas" for me and "MacGyver, Season 3" for one of the in-laws.

All 6 star wars movies and a gameboy advance game for my 6 year old, he's becone a star wars fanatic. I was disappointed about the canceled order, it was a gift for me A WintV PVR-350. I had to order it elsewhere and just received it yesterday

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad to hear everything worked out :-)

I will see what I can do about the shipping lables....I know exactly what you are talking about!

Happy Holidays!
    Melissa
    Buy.com Sr. Marketing Manager
    melissa@buy.com

Thanks, Melissa.

Based on my own experience and DFL's I'm going to put the buy.com banners back up. I guess it's only normal that some holiday season shopping experiences are less than optimal what with servers strained to capacity.

BTW here is Buy.coms phone number
    Buy.com 949-389-2000 Dail 0 and direct to rep

They did send me a customer service number when they indicated my order needed to be cancelled, well part of the order, and I believe it was a 1800 number.

ABW Ambassador
    "Based on my own experience and DFL's I'm going to put the buy.com banners back up."

I would, was just checking out the merchants over at CJ to see how they're doing so far and Buy.com is converting at a whopping 20% conversion, $67 EPC. Rolling

If you check out the buy.com site, they really do have some very good prices. You can find some good computer accessories at real bargains when they are running sales.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread