Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    J&R would like to hear from you.
    Greetings ABestWeb members!

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Chad and I'm the new Affiliate Marketing manager for J&R. So that we can provide the best possible service, we'd like to hear from you.

Looking forward to working together.

Thanks,

Chad
    J&R Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Last edited by chadh; November 29th, 2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: title change

15 years and counting
    Welcome Chad

Welcome Chad!

I've just started working with your datafeed and am very pleased with the quality of your content. I'm looking forward to many sales this holiday season!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks for the welcome Zeus and Snib. How are sales for you so far this Holiday season?

15 years and counting
    Yesterday was great, today is slower but I know already next month it's going to be much better than expected.

You're right, it should pick up in the next couple of days.
    I notice you and Snib are members of ABW InnerCircle. Forgive the newbie question, but what's that about?

Welcome to ABW, Chad.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

15 years and counting
    Inner Circle
    "Effecting positive changes in our industry"
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=64692

Good to know. I need to spend more time outside the office looking over ABW. Lots to offer.
    Last edited by chadh; November 29th, 2005 at 05:15 PM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    So the Linkshare merchants lurking ABW, seeking more exposure to the real Value-add affiliates know we are listening, here's some sound advice. Gone are the days of just placing up some category banners and text links throwing our traffic into the waiting arms of the herd of electronics retailers using BHO's, brand name and trademark couponers and millions of cookie washing daily e-mails. J&R has a stock of inventory known to convert those fortunate enough to be able to walk through their brick-n-Mortar doors.

Each J&R department needs product level exposure and some pre-sell spin before the click. Scew datafeeds as that 2 year old affiliate spam fodder is a sure way to get most affiliates whacked from the natural SERPs for duplicate content. You need customer facing creatives focusing and motivating the shopper from the affiliate's actual pages. This is partially done with your DRM's, but you sorely miss out by not having a Product Showcase Creator (PSC). http://psc.afftools.com/directory.html Good luck at getting Linkshare to allow you, and other merchants, to offer www.goldencan.com the ultimate shopper focusing tool. It has no mass spamming potential for the Super Affiliates and PPCSE redirectors so it's a tabu tool for 300 LS merchants ruled by their in-house AM firm.

Opening an ABW forum for J&R is a must, as well as honestly taking 100% responsibility for your sites conversion ratio. That is your secret weapon to recruit and retain value-add affiliates who have 50 competitors all refusing to devulge their conversion ratio. Can J&R's products -prices -service and ability to report every sale go head to head with their electronics competitors.

You came here freely so I placed more J&R links throughout my Mall today to give you a primetime test. I featured some iMac's, iPods & accessories, and a Sony Vaio Multi-media system knowing availability ...more then price... moves these items. Added in some DRM's to see if you can bust your cherry with my traffic after 2 years of sporatic exposure. Guarantee you others will follow if your displays stay in place at EcomCity due to reasonable conversions. Meanwhile pressure LS to allow you a Goldencan option and work with Aliva on a PSC creative.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Don't have the slightest idea - What is J&R?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Don't have the slightest idea - What is J&R?
    I'm glad you said it first! LOL - Neither do I ... must not be a west coast thang.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Welcome Chad
    For those that don't know J and R is a music/electronics store. They are huge the actually take up a whole city block across from city hall here in New York City. I wish I had a nickel for everytime I climbed up the stairs to buy Records yes I said records. They have been there a while as you can tell. Great prices but they are not on my site due to my strict parasite stance.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chadh
    Greetings ABestWeb members!

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Chad and I'm the new Affiliate Marketing manager for J&R. So that we can provide the best possible service, we'd like to hear from you.

Looking forward to working together.

Thanks,

Chad
    J&R Affiliate Marketing Manager
    My experience with J&R has been bizarre. I applied to your program back in April and never heard back. When I write to see what's going on, I get a stock reply that if I want to be a J&R affiliate, I should apply in the Linkshare interface. Boh...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Welcome Chad
    For those that don't know J and R is a music/electronics store. They are huge the actually take up a whole city block across from city hall here in New York City.
    Thank you!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yeah, I probably should have explained a bit more about J&R on my first post.
    J&R is a leading retailer of computers, software, music, video and consumer electronics with over 30 years of experience. We are located in New York City across from City Hall. Thanks to nyfalcon for the description, and everyone else for the posts.

I will be cleaning up the "create links" section at LS, and will be updating on a frequent basis the top converting product links/images. The cleaning phase is needed, but won't happen over night. In the meantime, keep an eye out in the create links section for a category called _ABW. I'll include in this category top converting links/images that should help your sales.

Thanks again to all, and I look forward to your continued feedback as I mature in the AM role.

Chad
    www.jr.com

Ok,
    I've added a handful of text links for some top converting products in the create links section, _ABW category in LS. I'm working on adding images images in this category as well.

Let me know if this is useful to you or not.
    On a side note, I might be able to attend the Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas!
    I hope to meet some of you if you're there!

-Chad

Cleaning the "create links" section at LS is taking me longer than I thought it would. I hope to get a grip on this after the Holidays.

Until we get our own forum here, is it ok to post product specials in this thread?(i.e. $100 Rebate - SAMSUNG CLP-510 Color Laser Printer $269.99 after rebate)
    I won't lie, I am new to this. Help me, Help you....(, I know).

-Chad

Chad,

Have you looked at fraud targeting your affiliate program? I posted one example, as to J&R specifically, at http://www.benedelman.org/news/091405-1.html#e4 . Scroll up that page for some additional context as to what's going on, who's doing it, and why this costs J&R money.

Some tough, careful anti-fraud testing could make a real difference for J&R. Cut out the chaff -- avoid paying unearned/fraudulent commissions -- and you'll have better ROI with which to justify (or even increase) payments to your honest affiliates.

Ben

Thanks for the post Ben!
    I'll look into this, but I don't believe the affiliate mentioned is in our program anymore.

Chad

You're absolutely right that that affiliate is out of your program now. That's easy to verify: Copy the URL listed in my piece, paste it into your browser, and try to view the specified page. You'll get the usual LinkShare error message -- "link has expired or been deactivated ..."

So I raised this example not to suggest that you need to address this specific case, but rather because it shows a class of problems that deserve some careful thinking. If other affiliates were doing this to J&R, day in and day out, how would you know about it? Maybe you would learn about it promptly -- from your own testing, or from one of your affiliates. Or maybe LinkShare would take care of the problem automatically. Then again, there might be good reason to doubt that these systems work quite that well.

Or maybe LinkShare would take care of the problem automatically.

I've recomended this as the ABW joke of the year Ben.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Chad, please creating some up to date "Storefront" links. This usually helps to get things going.

Updating now. Thanks gamweb61.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by chadh
    I will be cleaning up the "create links" section at LS, and will be updating on a frequent basis the top converting product links/images. The cleaning phase is needed, but won't happen over night.
    Chad
    www.jr.com
    am an affiliate but i don't promote jandr that much due to the prominent order by phone near the top of the pages.

i still have to look at the current available links but right now i don't like what i'm reading. here's another new affiliate manager who's gonna overhaul everything just because he just wants it his way. because of this, i'll stay away.

here's some advice. text links, you direct that to your individual categories, and keep them forever. if you wish, you then add promotional text/graphics links that you update only when the promo expires.

links stability is one criteria that i use to choose merchants. if it's a lot of hassle, especially if the conversion is nil, then i stop promoting them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast