The Ice Is Broken - WooHoo!
    Well, the ice was broken (the keg has been tapped, the game begun, etc.) this afternoon.

I've been with ShareaSale about two weeks now - and got my first sale today. Nice feeling. I'm not new to this "game" - just new to SAS. It is always nice to see that first one come in.

Affiliate Manager
    Congrats Beachy!

Here's to many more SAS sales for you
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Hear Hear
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Good Job!

Congrats!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thank you for the warm welcome and the congratulatory words. Much appreciated. Seems like a great group here on the forum.

It was only a 15 dollar sale at the HairStyler, from my www.HAIR.ws site. But the 25% commisson makes it worth while. And it is a great feeling to have that FIRST ONE on the books. The site is brand new [and still underdevelopment], but is already attracting 100+ visitors per day.

I have produced [a nice] income from the affiliate marketing of hotel reservations, but am beginning to diversify to "even out" the seasonality of the travel business. I anticipate that a new crop of sites and some fulfillment by ShareASale may help achieve that goal.

How do you get 100+ visitors a day to a brand new site?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    How do you get 100+ visitors a day to a brand new site?
    Good question. Several reasons.

1. The site is only two and a half weeks old, but I have had the domain for a couple of years - parked at Sedo most recently. So it has already had some exposure on the Net.

2. The topic is VERY popular - check OVT for searches related to hair. There are many, MANY people looking for this info.

3. I have a couple of PR5 sites and a popular PR4 "hair" site on which I put links to www.Hair.ws - so the search engines (MSN and G) picked it up almost immmediately. (top search terms include "shag hairstyle" and "bob hairstyle" - check MSN, page 1) However, I expect the MSN results to drop somewhat (because they seem to favor new sites for a short while - and then readjust).

4. Maybe a little "luck" creeps in there also...

5. Please don't laugh too loudly at the dot-ws extension - it won't get type-ins, but it's the keywords that count in the SEs. (My most profitable hotel site is a dot-to.)

Thanks for the insight. If you could allow me one more dumb question, what are PR4 and PR5 sites?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    Thanks for the insight. If you could allow me one more dumb question, what are PR4 and PR5 sites?
    The only "dumb" question is the one that goes unasked. (Can you tell my "day job" is that of a teacher?)

PR numbers are "Page Rank" numbers as determined by the Google search algorithm. To quote, "The heart of our software is PageRankô, a system for ranking web pages developed by our founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University. And while we have dozens of engineers working to improve every aspect of Google on a daily basis, PageRank continues to provide the basis for all of our web search tools."

Read more here: http://www.google.com/technology/

I hope that helps. There is a lot of discussion about the importance of PR in determining position on the search engine result pages (SERPs). I, for one, don't believe it does a "whole lot" of good. But it does help determine how quickly and thoroughly a [new] site will be indexed.

Hope that helps a bit... (...sorry for the verbosity...)

Got it - thanks. I was familiar with Page Rank, but the acronym threw me!

PR numbers are "Page Rank" numbers as determined by the Google search algorithm. To quote, "The heart of our software is PageRankô, a system for ranking web pages developed by our founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University. And while we have dozens of engineers working to improve every aspect of Google on a daily basis, PageRank continues to provide the basis for all of our web search tools."
    They might say that they're working to improve every aspect of Google on a daily basis but, so far what they're doing is, dropping real and similar affiliates sites from the top pages, only to replace those affiliates sites with site copiers, site scrapers and crappy sites with adsense on it. (It's true, Money Talks and Google dance for the Money.) - [Tina Turner, I am sorry for using that line but, they have more money than you!]

Btw Beachy - Welcome to ABW.

Sal.
    Last edited by Mr. Sal; December 1st, 2005 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I forgot to say Welcome to ABW!

welcome beachy
    congrats on your first sale.

if you are looking for good shareasale merchants,.!!!
    HMM !! HMMM!!..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Rolling right along...
    Well, I've now booked number 4. The ice is really broken (except that it is 18 degrees outside this morning here in Maryland, USA).

So, I guess I'll be hanging around for a while - hopefully a long while. After the next few days are over, I should have time to add many more links and involve a few more merchants. I will also begin implmenting a datafeed or two or ...

I am here to diversify (a bit) from my "usual" hotels business - to help offset the seasonality of the hospitality industry. I certainly appreciate the warm welcome I have received thus far.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread