Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PepperJam Management - Cookie Stuffers?
    Is anybody familiar with pepperjammanagement.com, an affiliate management form. I was checking out about them, noticed that they're also an affiliate, not a decent one either. Check this one:

http://www.pepperjam.com/1-800-flowers.htm

After 5 seconds, the page directly goes to merchant's site without clicking on anything, thus effectively stuffing their cookie.

Yup cookie stuffing SOBs

Should post this in the linkshare forum.

they stuff cookies all over the place!

Internet Cowboy
    They manage programs and they say SAHS is a "great affiliate".
    One of their people called me once trying to get me to join one of the programs they manage. It is really weird that as a management firm they love parasitic affiliates, but they are also an affiliate marketing firm.

They seem very sleazy to me. Doesn't surprise me at all that they are stuffing cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    After 5 seconds, the page directly goes to merchant's site without clicking on anything, thus effectively stuffing their cookie.
    Wonder if that's their "Landing Page Generator" script that they talk about on their management site?

They're also claiming to be one of ten featured publishers on CJ and "consistently recognized as one of the top-performing super affiliates in the world by Linkshare and Performics."

Interesting partial list of clients that they manage - http://www.pepperjammanagement.com/clients.html

15 years and counting
    I'm surprised to read that. They started as Affiliate Marketers (pretty successful), then Affiliate Manager of their top programs. I had several contacts with them and they did listen to me to get rid of many parasites. Next, they were involved in PPC as search experts. I didn't like that part. They have access to my account, can see my best transactions and they compete with me. Now, they have a full team (even a lawyer) and maybe it's the problem. Too many people, too much overhead...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Interesting company...

http://www.pepperjammanagement.com/s...ification.html

Simply stated, the affiliate marketing industry is a global marketplace that is very large and is growing larger and larger by the day. The affiliate industry includes both good and bad players - many affiliates are creative entrepreneurs and large legitimate businesses, while other affiliates use a range of deceptive and unethical practices. Unfortunately, Linkshare, Commission Junction, and Performics have failed to develop an acceptable criterion that would allow merchants to evaluate the true value of working with a given affiliate. Many industry experts, including Pepperjam's President & CEO, Kristopher B. Jones, believe this is the case because each of the major platforms are conflicted as they make extraordinary income from affiliates who use questionable business practices to generate affiliate revenues.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    Interesting partial list of clients that they manage
    Shoes.com ... hmmmmmm... been some posts here lately about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    Yep, they are doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    They're also claiming to be one of ten featured publishers on CJ and "consistently recognized as one of the top-performing super affiliates in the world by Linkshare and Performics."
    Yep, and they're doing it by violating the terms of CJ and others and employing "forced clicks".

CJ could easily catch this stuff, but they don't want to.

ABW Ambassador
    What say you, member PepperGuy?

15 years and counting
    I'm not sure we'll get a clear answer from the networks about "What's cookie stuffing" and what's acceptable or not. IMHO, it's not a reason to do worse than your competitors.

ABW Ambassador
    Based on their actions, the networks allow it or leave it up to the merchant. This thread just might spark another award nomination for Pepperjam.

They stoped the redirects and threatened me with a lawsuit because I contacted igourmet

</head>

<body onload="Start('http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=JVsM5aRCLo4&offerid=42866.10000890&type=4&subid=0')" onunload="Stop()">
    <a name=top>
    <!--BACKGROUND-COLOR: #B2B5C4;-->

Well if that aint POOP!

Pepperjam yer poop is showing.

CJ and LS compliance depts are asleep at the wheel... intentionally.

At least with LS's Athena in place, the perps may be forced to go underground and morph into another legal entity... meanwhile... CJ will be throwing them a Christmas party.

And this lawsuit threat is indicative of the failure of our gov't to act swiftly against wave after wave of internet fraud and abuse. Because they've done almost nothing to prosecute the turdulent, the perps are emboldened and can issue real (though not legitimate) threats.

15 years and counting
    "while other affiliates use a range of deceptive and unethical practices."
    Are they talking about their own company?

These jerks are even promoting eBates
    http://www.pepperjam.com/ebates.htm
    Last edited by Zeus; November 30th, 2005 at 06:12 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    They are a bunch of young clowns...imo

15 years and counting
    That Khristopher Jones is not so young and not naive at all. He's an "expert" in Affiliate Marketing. I'm afraid the people he's hiring are taking advantage of him. I've a hard time to believe he's aware of that. He's going to speak at one of the next Affiliate Meetings. I've to listen to what he has to say.

making lots of money... can buy all kinds of clown getups...

and their site says they're a "CJ featured Publisher 2004-2005"...

and what do you know... they are...
    http://www.cj.com/clients/pub.jsp

along with:
    eBates (top moxie app)
    upromise (top moxie app)
    mypoints (top moxie app)
    and more

(source: http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=739)
    spywareguide says this about top moxie apps:
    Official Description: Sends ads to your computer or changes out core links with affiliate tracking links. Such ads may or may not be targeted, but popup, and are not merely displayed within the form of an ad-sponsored application.
    Top Moxie powers several shopping bars for large incentive shopping properties including Limewire, Upromise, General Mills BoxTops4Education and Ebates among others.
    The application is centered around user loyalty, "loyalty ware", and providing cash or other rebates to users who make purchases with their merchant partners.
    Comment: Appears to have the ability to log all activity in the click stream.
    Recent reports show the MoeMoneyMaker application, by Ebates, being installed via a browser security flaw.

Yep, exactly the type of "publishers" that CJ loves to get into every merchant program!

15 years and counting
    I'm sure HON. PAUL E. KANJORSKI would be happy to know how Kris is growing his company.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hmmm,... they actually claim to be managing a program that we run..... Good Times Entertainment... perhaps someone can ask them for more details on what they actually do for Good Times Entertainment...we''ve asked them to remove it......
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Perhaps they are managing a PPC program for Good Times Entertainment.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast