I Need New Glasses
    I just got back from the eye doctor and am considering getting a pair of glasses on line. I'm not into design with economy (cheap) as a high priority. If anybody could steer me toward a trustworthy merchant I would be glad to see someone here get the commission.

If there are things to watch for when buying on line free advice is welcome.

I bought my last pair of glasses at my local Sams Club.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

check out 39dollarglasses.com. I am not an affiliate but I know this is a quality merchant.

39dollarglasses.com
    I like this at first glance. It's on the CJ network. It seems like my wife looked them over before she coffed up $400 at a local shop.

local Sams Club
    We don't shop there but might be worth a look.

I Need New Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I just got back from the eye doctor and am considering getting a pair of glasses on line. I'm not into design with economy (cheap) as a high priority. If anybody could steer me toward a trustworthy merchant I would be glad to see someone here get the commission.

If there are things to watch for when buying on line free advice is welcome.
    Hi bumpaw,

You may find some good reading on this thread: Getting eye surgery in 4 hours and 10 minutes

Sal.

Hey Sal,

Thats too scary for me. I had trouble just letting the doctor check me. It's bifocals to the end here.

I have no line bifocals and after having eyemasters adjust them, replace the lenses, atempt to adjust them a few more times, I finally gave up and took them to the eye doctors place for adjustment. It took that lady one time to get them just right. That is now where I buy my glasses. Dont think I would ever dare to buy them online.

I have no line bifocals
    Jane, Do you think no line is harder to fit? I'm considering trying that for the first time.

Yep- the online is a little scary for the reason you mentioned. Still shopping and will have to give Wmart a shot since they are close.

I have never had anything but the verilux, don't know if it is noline that is hard to fit or bifocals in general. I just know they are never right the first time, often they have to redo the lenses, that could just be because they didn't know how to adjust them. Would be interested in hearing other peoples comments.

I seem to have chickened out on the online glasses. My local guy has a discount rack for about $110 if you can hit him when he has some not so bad looking ones. He adjusts forever.

ABW Ambassador
    I have to try on dozens before I find a pair that looks right and fits right on my face. I'd love to do it online, it would end up free with my insurance coverage but really need to try them on and then get adjustments until they're just right.

It's been ages since I had an eye check and new glasses, it's on the calendar for this coming month. Very tempting to give contact lenses a try, though.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread