ABW Ambassador
    Any way to find out what reversals are for?
    Like in non-commissionable, there's a reason given in that report. But there's no way to find out why sales have been reversed.

I can count reversals altogether over time on one hand, it's been an odd one here and there for what I can tell is a return for something "not fitting" or similar. But there were just 4 sales for a merchant this month, and all 4 show as reversed. It isn't a small retailer, it's a huge chain of stores.

Any way to find out why?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    webworker,
    Most merchants do not currently submit reasons when reporting transaction cancelations to us.

Kelli

How does Linkshare know that the transactions are being reversed for legitimate reasons, if the merchant does not have to report a reversal? Is it theorectical possible for a merchant to arbitrarily reverse transactions without cause?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I just noticed a handful of very high ticket "uncommissionable sales" in my LS reports from one merchant. A VERY BIG, CORPORATE one ... reason given: cookie expired. So WTF put them in the reports? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Meanwhile, I haven't had ANY sales with this merchant all year, just "uncommissionable" ones. Gets my blood boiling. We DON'T know "why" transactions are reversed and we never will unless the network, as a TRUSTED third party, watches for stuff like this.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

15 years and counting
    Rexanne, it's good to know what kind of products you're selling with an expired cookie. I like this report in LinkShare. It's telling you what you're missing and give you some power to negociate with the merchant.

It doesn't mean I like to see "uncommissionable sales" in my LS reports. Most of the time, it's big ticket items because it's taking more time to sell them.

many
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    webworker,
    Most merchants do not currently submit reasons when reporting transaction cancelations to us. Kelli
    How many years and times have you heard the need for these types of responses. Make it mandatory.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Rexanne, it's good to know what kind of products you're selling with an expired cookie. I like this report in LinkShare. It's telling you what you're missing and give you some power to negociate with the merchant.

It doesn't mean I like to see "uncommissionable sales" in my LS reports. Most of the time, it's big ticket items because it's taking more time to sell them.
    Thanks for the info, Zeus. Yeah, it is good to know what's selling but the only time anything sells with this merchant is after the cookie expired. I doubt they'd want to negotiate with anyone ... they're a major retailer. Unfortunately, all major retailers and big corporate merchants I've promoted in the past (and evidently still ...) have sucked up a lot of my traffic without any sales credited, ever. I just happened to look at the "uncommissionable sales" report today for a lark. Now I'll fret & stew about it for a week. LOL - Might not check that one ever again!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

15 years and counting
    I understand what you feel. I promote luxury items and I've the same problem. At least, if you're informed, you can make the right decision (and I'll like to see the same kind of reports with all the networks). Quite often, I'm telling these merchants I'm not in business to promote them for free. Either they like it or not. But, remember it's harder and harder to sell on the net and these merchants need us.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Makes one wonder if those major merchant AM's, who see those same reversals for high ticket items, have negotiated some spiff fee for not raising a big stink... wink -wink! That, and all other diversion senerios, need to become transparent so the affiliate community can challenge the obvious abusers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread