Onsite Advertiser Sign-up
    Hello all,
    I got inform from adsense support that
    "There's no need to sign up for Onsite Advertiser Sign-up. All existing AdSense for content publishers are automatically opted in to the feature and your ads will display an 'Advertise on this site' link through which advertisers can sign up to display ads on your site."

why "advertise on this site" not yet appear on my site...(I have checked "Include me in Onsite Advertiser Sign-up")

I need advise from you all...is that usefull for my site?

does anyone here have any experience with "adsense referrals"?
    is that help me to generate more revenue?

thanks very much...
    Last edited by abud; December 1st, 2005 at 05:13 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    No, you don't get paid anything for it. I opted out.

How about "adsense referrals"?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    No, you don't get paid anything for it. I opted out.
    then you didn't read it right. the deal is that an advertiser can specify their ad will be bid for space on your site. if enough want to be on your site your income will go up.

ABW Ambassador
    Or, if you offer in-house advertising, where you keep 100%, your income could go down. I opted out and posted about it here.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    Or, if you offer in-house advertising, where you keep 100%, your income could go down. I opted out and posted about it here.
    I do and I opted out, too. At pennies per click, I'll handle my own advertisers, thank you. They probably get a better deal going through me directly anyway.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Definitely! If I were to leave that option available to potential advertisers, not only might they get confused by the two options, they may choose Google's and lose out on the benefits (ability to promote in the forums, text links, banners, their own forum, etc depending on what they pay for). Plus, it's a way for Google to get them into their system where they may decide to advertise to other sites and not yours, which would result in zero income to you and no finders fee, which is another thing I have a major problem with... that and the fact that it wasn't announced until yesterday, so publishers may have had this leakage for weeks & not known about it. I ony learned about it on WMW forums... As soon as I found out about it, I opted out and shared the info here... I lost quite a bit of respect for Google that day.

ABW Ambassador
    then you didn't read it right. the deal is that an advertiser can specify their ad will be bid for space on your site. if enough want to be on your site your income will go up.
    Going by how many I've been reporting to Adsense, as being either fraudulent or inappropriate, and putting on my exclusion filter list lately, I don't want to suggest bidding for ads on my sites.

One example: hotbar ads were running on a site with a deceptive description, as well as another app that bundles adware. I don't care what they pay, I don't want their money.

I'd rather just take whatever proper contextual targeting provides, eliminate whatever garbage I find, and make necessary adjustments where Smart Pricing is concerned.

Besides, I already get the same merchants running ads regularly on some sites for many, many months, so I've assumed they can do that without my putting an invitation on my pages. I may be wrong where this is concerned and assuming wrongly just because I've seen the same ones for a long time.

I might do it if it were on a per site basis, but not if it's for all, because some sites are more likely to attract quality, properly matched advertisers, while others can be prone to those who just want to get in wherever they can if they can get away with it.
    Last edited by webworker; December 1st, 2005 at 06:59 PM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread