Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    R u planning to do a home security website?
    R u planning to do a home security affiliate website?

no strings, no tricks, no sales pitch, no recommended merchant(s) or anything like that at all - I just have one private yes/no question for you.

if so, please PM me.

by the way, I don't currently play in that space and don't plan to do so either.

bump

Ok, got 2 PMs - one who answered my question, but left my issue unresolved. And the other who wrongly accused me of trying to sell them something. I hardly blame them, my thread here does sound all cryptic and/or spammy, but if you know my posts, you know I'm not that way. And if I posted my question, I'd get a lot of spam aimed at me.

So I'll ask one more time (here, now) and then just give up (it's not really that important).

If you're thinking about doing a home security website, please PM me so I can ask you my question.

I'm tempted to say "yes" just because I'm too curious about the question.

My question was... "do you already have a domain name?" I had a decent one and decided I'd never get to this niche. So I was offering it for free to any ABW member with PM privileges - it pays to hang out here.

A couple of people accused me of trying to sell them something - that was fun - but I wanted it to go to someone who planned a site, not a domain name collector. And I had not privately registered it, so a DNS lookup shows my name and address - so I went with PM communications.

I finally found someone who was interested in the domain name I was giving away for free. And unfortunately, I found 2 people - it was first come, first serve - did not expect that to happen. Left them both with "now that you know the domain name, let me know if you want it". #1 replied at 8:50 last night. #2 at 12:02am very early this morning. Truly sorry and apologetic to the second person, but it was first comer based.

To the recipient, good luck with whatever you chose to do with the domain! We'll get the free transfer done today.

To #2, again, sorry the timing worked out poorly - I wish I would have handled it better somehow.

To those who accused me of being a scammer and trying to use tricky selling tactics, you're forgiven - cryptic posts and PM method of comms I chose, combined with my need for privacy, made it all look spammy and covert. I'm jaded myself and would likely have thought the same thing as several of you did.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread