$3,000 not a big deal.
    When I started Affiliate Marketing 6 months back, I thought that It will take me many years to reach this kind of amount, but last month I crossed this amount, and hoping to cross $5000 this month.

How much time did it take for you to reach $3000

Congratulation nabeelk.

What I had read through from others, very few people make it to that amount that fast.

I had been trying for the past two years and make just about 10% net of what you are making now.

This is really good for you and this christmas must be very special.

Hope your christmas wish comes true for crossing the 5k target.

reaching this level of success is no big deal.... the big deal is maintaining it long term...

there are countless one check wonders littering the net...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Nabeel,

Not bad at all. Wishing you even more success! Stay focussed.

cheers!
    -nishith

Wow thats great now just maintain it and its all good.Good luck to you.

Affiliate Manager
    I was up to 7000 within 10 months, but I was not able to keep that level up at all! Now, I'm way lower, so, as it was stated above, hitting $3000 is a great success, but it's an even greater success to maintain that level!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Great job, but just remember, sept-jan is a different world. Don't go quitting your day job yet. Many times you see people in here changing their life plans because they think they have finally figured out affiliate marketing just because they were making money during the xmas run-up.

If you can keep that up in April, then you really have figured it out.

Chet

4 months. Congrats

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats.

Maintaining is the trick and then other trick is diversifying your sources of traffic. My first year doing this full time i went from $200 a month to about $4500 a month in 2002. And since then have broken the 5 digit mark per month and each year gets better than the last. Slow steady growth.

I hate you --j/k

I guess I have to many other distractions called kids to focus as well as you nableek.

I hit over 1000 few months now but everything is tanking again .
    I rely on organic search only.

Congradulations nableek .
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Yes, I totally agree that the key is to be able to maintain your income. I would add residual commissions here: some products pay a residual commission for the lifetime of every new account. So if you sell for instance a phone service plan you'll get a commission for every bill your customer pays. For me this has been the key to a pretty stable monthly commission check.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler25x
    Yes, I totally agree that the key is to be able to maintain your income. I would add residual commissions here: some products pay a residual commission for the lifetime of every new account. So if you sell for instance a phone service plan you'll get a commission for every bill your customer pays. For me this has been the key to a pretty stable monthly commission check.

I agree, this is definitely an area where I try to build an income! I did my bigger income all with one-time payments, but now, I focus on residuals, it grows much slower, but it won't fall off that quickly and gives a little bit more planning security.

Congrats!

If your success has anything to do with search engine traffic, especially from Google, then beware. Google would much rather have a piece of your pie and would love to put you 500 deep in the results so you will pay for the traffic. So... make 10's of thousands of websites, and millions of web pages, and that way no matter how deep in the results the law of probability will prevail against human bias, and perverted search engine math/science.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Lurker Jones; December 3rd, 2005 at 10:15 AM. Reason: additional comment
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    I rely on organic search only.
    This is the key. You can't rely on the SEs. They are too fickle and the ups and downs will drive you crazy.
    The PPC advertising arena is getting too crowded. Think of other ways to promote your sites. You will be amazed at how much traffic you can create for not a lot of money.
    Trust started a traffic brainstorming thread here somewhere. It has some great ideas in it.

Thanks for encouragement.

I rely on "Search Engines" not on search engine. I have more than 20 websites. Some do better on MSN, some on Google and some on Yahoo. I see ups and downs in Google and Yahoo, but MSN keeps sending me steady traffic, its a rare chance if MSN drops my website position.

I know its difficult to maintain this amount, but I think that I will be able to maintain it, because I keep creating new content, as I have lot of time. I work 7 hours a day.
    My Aim is to reach 10K per month this year, and I have high hopes for it.

15 years and counting
    Nabeel - I work 7 hours a day.
    Only. I didn't know if was still so easy to make it. [just kidding]
    I've been unable to keep the same income I had 6 years ago, updating my websites just a few hours each week. I realize now, my income was insane. I'm still doing great, but each year I've to work more. Quite often I'm working 14 hours a day (if I can't play golf)
    Last edited by Zeus; December 3rd, 2005 at 04:53 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    by "starting", do you mean zero knowledge in affiliate marketing or you already have some idea of what to do at that point?

pardon me but I view a rapid success from zero knowledge with suspicion.

been burned several times by those. i'm sure others here have too.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread