Half.com WTF?
    I started using half.com at the beginning of November. Throughout the course of the month I received 5 commission transactions totalling $12.41.

Today every last one of them was reversed.

???
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    I started using half.com at the beginning of November. Throughout the course of the month I received 5 commission transactions totalling $12.41.

Today every last one of them was reversed.

???
    Might be Jason Syndrom or ?????

All my Half.com sales have been reversed
    It must be another crappy bug or stupid mistake on CJ/eBay's part. I've had ($12,019.13) in sales reversed. Basically all of my sales since November 1st. I agree, WTF!!!!!

I noticed that someone else has mentioned having all their November commissions reversed on the eBay affiliate forum. I'm guessing this is a widespread issue?

I've e-mailed CJ, no response yet. I can't believe this happened during the (&*)^@@!!!**) Christmas shopping season! How am I suppose to have accurate ROI calculations when crap like this is going on????

I had all of mine reversed as well. Not as big as some of you, but still a significant sum.

eBay claiming this was part of a planned "reduction"!
    Ok, some time ago eBay sent an e-mail out saying that they had over-stated Half.com earnings and that they would adjust at the end of the month. Fine, I read that e-mail. But what happened was they CANCELLED all my sales. They didn't post a corrected amount, rather they just Cancelled them.

So for the month of November I made NOTHING. ZERO, ZIP. Now I have to spend how many hours trying to convince them that they screwed up???

Still no [CENSORED] response from half.com.

Question: is there anyone here that did NOT have 100% of their November Half.Com commissions reversed?

Everyone I've seen post has had 100% reversals.

Some "adjustment".

Adjust THIS!

Half.com and eBay
    Sigh. I actually re-opened a CJ account, after years of steering clear of them, because I wanted to join the Half.com affiliate program. After I did so, they announced that they were cancelling the program and the service. Then they decided to turn around and continue the service. In the end, the thing that keeps me from linking to half.com is that eBay is ONE company but they have TWO affiliate programs, mutually exclusive: if someone clicks on your eBay link and is referred to half.com to buy something, you get no commission. If you refer someone to half.com and they get referred to eBay and buy something, you get no commission. I am technically still an affiliate of eBay (with lots of zero-amount transactions and ZERO earnings since their most recent program modifications), but I will put no effort into promoting either company. In fact, I think that with my next site revision, it may be time to strip out the eBay links.

And all you folks continue to deal with theives????

Update
    So just received word from the Half.com affiliate manager and they have acknowledged there is a problem and that they are working to rectify it.

As far as the eBay <-> Half.com affiliate program conflicts, yes, there is one and yes it sucks. I suspect they will be combining both programs into one at some point in the future. They know what they are doing (showing eBay results on Half.com) is pissing off a bunch of affiliates, myself included.

Just got the following:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX:

We have noticed a reporting error in the CJ member interface for the Half.com Program. In reference to a previous message sent out on Nov. 22nd concerning a Quantity Reporting Issue, we posted a correction file on Dec. 2nd. However, the amount in the correction file was inaccurate. We are currently working on implement the solution and you will see the following changes post to your account:

Step 1: Reversal of the inaccurate correction posted on Dec. 2nd.

Step 2: Re-posting of the accurate amounts.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this transition and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your continued support of the Half.com Affiliate Program.

The Half.com Affiliate Team
    So, I assume this means that they are going to put the (supposedly) incorrect commissions back into our account 100% and then adjust it downward.

With my luck they'll deduct the commissions a second time thus resulting in a net loss...

**Sigh*** Still no corrections to my CJ account. What a mess.

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    **Sigh*** Still no corrections to my CJ account. What a mess.
    Well I can tell you this....Right now I'm very glad that we steered clear of Half.com

Half.com commissions reposted. Haven't checked to see if they're the same old ones or new...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread