Drop in eBay Winning Bid revenue on Dec 1?
    A few days ago, eBay sent around a letter indicating that they were turning off the Bids and Buy It Now postings on Dec 1st. These were apparently a legacy of the old payment system. We were assured that this was purely to reduce confusion and that Winning Bid computation and amounts would not be affected.

Well, Dec 1 Winning Bid revenue has now posted for us, and our Dec 1 amount is about 1/4 of the previous 7-day running daily average. We have a statistically significant number of transactions.

Has anyone else seen a large, statistically significant, drop in eBay winning bid revenue between Nov 30 and Dec 1?

Thanks
    Last edited by whiplashblue; December 3rd, 2005 at 02:36 AM.

How about Nov 1 - December current YES

What is Funny is I have never gotten ANY of these letters eBay is said to have sent out.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

Yep, I've seen about the same percentage drop -- am running at about 1/4 the amount prior to Dec 1st.

Same here.

Lying bastards.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

My commissions for December 1st are 1/4 of the previous average as well. What with all my November Half.com commissions being reversed, and this reporting issue, I'm considering turning off eBay and Half for the Holiday season. More money for Amazon and I will get higher commissions as well.

WHAT winning bids? They must've shut down tracking for me altogether!

Argh.

-M
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

My 12/1 number was 50% less than expected.

Today's posted eBay 7day epc number confirm most of this. It's dropped about 30 cents relative to yesterday. Working out the math, for a one day drop of a 7 day average, result in an absolute one day drop of about 40%.

Tuan

12/2 numbers are out.
    My 12/2 sales volume was 3.5x that of 12/1.

Tuan

Our Dec 2 winning bid numbers have also posted now, and are in line with what we would expect historically. Thus, our current hypothesis is that there was a glitch limited to Dec 1 only.

CJ is apparently aware of the problem and has promised to look into it, although nothing will happen until Monday at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by whiplashblue
    Our Dec 2 winning bid numbers have also posted now, and are in line with what we would expect historically. Thus, our current hypothesis is that there was a glitch limited to Dec 1 only.

CJ is apparently aware of the problem and has promised to look into it, although nothing will happen until Monday at the earliest.

Here is a list of dates I have that have extremely below average numbers:

3-Dec-2005
    1-Dec-2005
    29-Nov-2005
    28-Nov-2005
    26-Nov-2005
    19-Nov-2005
    17-Nov-2005
    16-Nov-2005
    14-Nov-2005
    12-Nov-2005
    11-Nov-2005

The clicks are there but the numbers are whacked. Some are well less than half the normal and a few are non existent. I deal with almost all of the eBay’s and the percentages of clicks versus sales are always very very close even on the German sites, which are not under the CJ network. The only problem I see is with the ebay.com site.

I am sure they will fix this right?

I have had NO transactions from ebay post this month. That is highly highly unusual for me. Anybody else have that problem?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

CJ has confirmed that it is a reporting error and not a tracking error. So there should be a correction soon.

Quote Originally Posted by inasisi
    CJ has confirmed that it is a reporting error and not a tracking error. So there should be a correction soon.
    Did you get an email from CJ to support this ?
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

I had something very unusual happen today. I had ZERO bids convert for December 4 -- two days ago.

Since eBay is no longer reporting the bid cookies, it's hard to say just how many I had placed, but I have been seeing $10-15 worth of converted bid revenue per day since the new program went into effect. I seem to usually have 20-40 Winning bids.

Either eBay did not report the winning bids for that day, or there is a big problem on that day.

My Dec. 4 sales report just showed up this morning.

With the additional transactions posted today, 12/1 numbers are inline with my trend.
    Tuan

WOW! Just saw a huge post from EBAY for Oct. 31. Is this a Chrismas gift from EBAY?

This is October Make Good what they had promised us earlier. This is money that we rightfully earned but their software couldn't capture. The sad part is that there is no such make good ever after even though their software still doesn't capture them.

Me three.

Has anyone gotten any kind of explanatory email as to how this was calculated? If they can't capture it as they claim, how did they come up with the amount?
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

I'm also seeing "October Withholding Credit xxxx" transactions.
    Tuan

Quote Originally Posted by TLE
    I'm also seeing "October Withholding Credit xxxx" transactions.
    Tuan
    I see both "October Withholding Credit xxxx" and "October Make Good xxxx". I guess "October Withholding Credit xxxx" were the transactions in dispute and resolved. Anyone knows what is "October Make Good xxxx".

I think the Withholding credit relates to the 6.5% they said they would withhold to take into account for unpaid auctions. Depending on individidual affiliate's performance they could have decided to return some of that with held money if the unpaid dues were lower.

As for the software glitch, it might be something that their software couldn't capture immediately. So they probably had to write a software that could calculate it much later. Still there is no explanation as to why they cannot atleast post it later for all the months after October.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread