A favour from Adam Ward or Kellie please...
    As I can't use the PM, I have to ask here...

While I strongly disagree with both the need and the blatant inconsistency of Adam's editing of some posts in the 'Accessing board features' thread, I nevertheless realise the Mods have a job to do. Having said that, could he please remove his comments about 'this is not a chat room' from our threads? Or at least attribute them to himself? The point is taken and the thread locked anyhow.

As the thread is a sticky and is likely to be viewed many times to come, Adam's comments read completely out of context to the text that was allowed to remain and, frankly, appears rude.

Thanks,

Vege...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Vege,

I'm going to go back and clean up that thread in just a bit. All the side posts don't need to be in it. It will be taken care of as soon as I finish up something else.

I should have locked it to begin with but must have been brain farting the day I started the thread.

ABW Ambassador
    Vegemite

As I read that thread it does appear to be "a bit" of inconsistency.

My original idea was to trash the thread and start a new one on the ABW policy, then close it. Kellie pointed out that the thread had been linked to so many times that it would cause a problem.

Did not mean to be rude.
    We will fix the thread this weekend.

Thanks. Appreciated.

Clancy
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

I've had a think about all this and I just want to add to this thread.

I think it should be known that when I went to the other thread last night and first noticed that in place of my original post someone had written "this is not a chat room" - my first thought was that ABW had been hacked and somebody was using my username to post on this board... then I noticed it was edited by Adam.

I have to say I don't agree with the reason Adam gave for editing my/our posts. It wasn't pointless chat, it was on topic, but having said that, if the moderators here are of the opinion that the posts made didn't really belong in that thread and made the decision to edit or delete them completely, I don't have a problem with that at all... I do however have a problem with moderators typing things into my posts so that it looks like I am the author. The editing function in vBulletin allows moderators to give a reason for editing and in my opinion, this function should be used in the way it was designed to be used.

Clancy
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Hi,

Again, I'd prefer to have done this behind closed doors so to speak, but as I can't do that and as Adam Ward still hasn't had the courtesy to fix the issue, could I please ask any other Mod to look into this?

Thanks,

Vege...

Thank you Kellie.

Clancy

Yes, thanks Kellie.

My apologies for causing this grief in the first place, even though I'm still somewhat bewildered as to what boundaries I crossed. Is there a charter for each forum that I can read up on so as to know for future reference what is permissable 'chat' and what isn't?

Considering Adam pinged me/us for so-called 'chatting', and then given the nature of this thread started by him (just as an example), I think it would pay for me to read up on the rules so's I don't run afoul again.

Many thanks,

Vege...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread