WishBin???
    An affiliate has applied to our program, with the following "Special Incentive Note":

----------------------------------------

WishBin is the only fully interactive internet-wide gift registry. As you browse your favorite websites for the things you want, use WishBin to create and organize multiple wish lists for any special occasion: birthdays, weddings, baby showers, and holidays. You can accomplish this by using our web interface or our downloadable toolbar. By allowing users to share there lists with friends and family, Wishbin turns your consumers into their own marketing channel. Consumers are thrilled to refer their friends and family to YOUR site! The toolbar is completely removable, does not automatically set any cookies, and does not perform any redirects. We have taken great measures to insure that we are in full compliance with CJ's PSA, and have a line of communication open to them at all times.

----------------------------------------

Of course, the mention of a "Toolbar" automatically makes me nervous these days, but it sounds like they've done right by the toolbar (at least from what they say).

Anyone know of this program??

Paul

ABW Ambassador
    I let them in
    They asked to be vetted 1st

Desktop app.

Mike Mackin
    www.automgifts.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I have NOT tested this app / toolbar. But a DNS lookup shows wishbin.com uses DomainsByProxy to hide their identity (as many, many others do as well) and their SSL Cert is through a third party. I'd ask them to reconsider those choices because they can appear, to some people, to be a warning sign. Since they seem to be upfront with Mackin, I'd say they should be urged to change these two aspects to remove questions. Legitimate companies generally have no need for hidden registration or a third party SSL cert.

Same thing goes for having a physical address listed on their site. At wishbin.com, I quickly checked their privacy policy and their contact and about us stuff - no names, addresses, phone numbers. In my opinion, they should rethink these choices as well.

Their site says their HQ is in Orlando... I'm in Orlando too.

Perhaps I should grab my affiliate buddy who lives nearby and invite them to have lunch with us at the Ale House.

Internet Cowboy

Thanks for your input, that helps. I'll pass along your comments....

Paul

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Donuts

Meeting them might be a great idea, from what they have told us so far they state that the toolbar itself in no way adds any tracking, i.e. when a person clicks on a product to add to the tool bar then no tracking happens.

What they say is that the tracking is created on the Wish List web pages and the wish list emails that the user generates from the tool bar and sends to their friends.

I've yet to install it and test it.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Internet Cowboy
    A friendly BHO.
    And so far what is the track record of BHO affiliates who set out to follow the rules?
    They call is slimewear for a reason.

And so far what is the track record of BHO affiliates who set out to follow the rules?
    Pretty much zero

But I have a cunning plan ............
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    But I have a cunning plan ............
    I'd love to hear it.

'Bout time we got acquainted...

PM coming....

Internet Cowboy
    Chris,
    If you let this BHO in your programs, you might as well let all the others in too. They all do the same thing. In one way or another, they steal a sales from an affiliate who got the customer by honest methods. Please don't let this parasite in your program(s).
    Thanks

I'm not endorsing them, but on alexa, they have their contact info:
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=wishbin.com

If you let this BHO in your programs, They all do the same thing. In one way or another, they steal a sales from an affiliate who got the customer by honest methods. Please don't let this parasite in your program(s).
    So you believe that not working with someone willing to listen and work to make something that is "really' compliant, is worse than "let them do what they want".

Because they aren't going to go away. I've always been pro education, right since I started, I believe that if a merchant or affiliate can be educated and supported to work in the right way, then that is time and effort well spent.

Not everyone can be educated and not everyone uses what they learn, but if we don't try then we are guilty of acting without any care for the future of the business. There will be more and more and more software apps coming, a never ending stream of them, we can ignore them or we can try to change the way they work.

Certainly I'm not advocating open season on our programs, it'll be a very controlled environment, and the terms I have laid out with WishBin leave no room for error (not even an accidental one)

They may fail, but I'd rather try, than just throw them into the pile when they have asked what they can do.

you might as well let all the others in too.
    Interesting statement? Are you advocating that I should?

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I think Uncle Scooter's away on vacation for a few more days...

Chris, I think Uncle Scooter's away on vacation for a few more days...
    So should we all be

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread