Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry Massive affiliate SPAM from a perfume company on share a sale
    There is a program on share a sale that is perfume.... I am getting 8 - 10 spam messages a day from various non existant addresses pushing them.

If you are planning to sign up for perfume merchants, be careful about who you sign up for, this is crazy, clear spam. I am getting it in 4 different email boxes! I would never promote a company that allows such spam. Yes, I have reported it to them, but just FYI in case you are adding perfume anything!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    There is a program on share a sale that is perfume.... I am getting 8 - 10 spam messages a day from various non existant addresses pushing them.

If you are planning to sign up for perfume merchants, be careful about who you sign up for, this is crazy, clear spam. I am getting it in 4 different email boxes! I would never promote a company that allows such spam. Yes, I have reported it to them, but just FYI in case you are adding perfume anything!
    I'm getting it, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm getting it also. But Perfume..... is not the only merchant that this spam source is promoting in this manner. They certainly are not using an opt in email list as I have never opted into anyone's mailing list with the email addy they are using. I have spoken to the affiliate manager of these other merchants and they have promised to do something about it. I have not been able to contact the AM for perfume..... Enough said before I say something I should not.

Gene
    TCS

here is the stuff iin the mail
    I just got my 9th mail today from them!

This is an advertisement sent to you by a Perfume.com affiliate.
    If you would no longer like to receive emails for Perfume.com, click here to unsubscribe.
    Perfume.com, Suite 600 - 1100 Melville, Vancouver BC Canada, V5N 4K4

If you prefer not to receive e-promo's from us in the future, please visit: HERE

Your receipt of our e-mails is subject to our Privacy Policy.

If you would like to write us regarding any questions:
    N e w Y o r k , A m h e r s t C e n t e r
    R e s i d e n t i a l a n d B u s i n e s s S e r v i c e s
    3 0 0 I n t e r n a t i o n a l D r i v e S T E 1 0 0
    W i l l i a m s v i l l e , N Y 1 4 2 2 1 - 5 7 8 3
    7 1 6 . 2 7 6 . 1 0 2 5

Anne,

I have gone through the opt out process several times to no avail. I have sent an email to them through SAS calling for them to drop this affiliate whose ID I also sent to them. This affiliate is clearly in violation of their TOS and in violation of the Can Spam Act.

Gene
    TCS

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    i just got my copy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yep...another spamming affiliate here. Amazing how they scrape, or buy scraped lists, for theri massive missles of exploding crap. Guess their wraping up their Christmas Spam campaign in perfumed cookies. Charlie set up a fake e-mail box and gets this so called Opt-in spam mailed to Iama****inParrot@spamcop.com
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    And to think that I have just added this perfume company to my pages. Why is is that everytime I think that I have found a mix for my sites, they either go offline, or some loose cannon is playing the spam crap.

I got it to. You have to remember that we are not just affiliates but also potential customers to. It's Christmas and retailers pull all stops because many of them need these sales to survive the rest of the year. Watch how many merchants pull out in the New Year. That's when you will see a lot of reverse sales,legit or false.

anyone looking to replace perfume merchants
    with similer products.
    i am always around,
    and you wont get spam emails from me
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Anne,

This email spam is coming from a perfume affiliate and NOT the perfume merchant. So, urging people not to sign up for the perfume merchant will not stop the spam.

thecool is right ...the merchant needs to s***can the spamming affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Charlie set up a fake e-mail box and gets this so called Opt-in spam mailed to Iama****inParrot@spamcop.com
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Neil,

Sorry, but your products are too dissimilar to perfume and cologne to replace a perfume merchant. Your products would certainly replace products that are offered by face and body product merchants that are nested with parasites. May join your program soon to do just that. Many of my merchants have recently allowed Upromise into their programs creating a major loss in my revenue. I am slowly replacing them.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    How about sending in abuse complaints to ISPs with the full email headers?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    same company - now sending spam for sentbysanta dot com

This is an e-advertisement. If you have any questions or concerns, you may write to us at:
    SentbySanta
    16 Atlantic Ave, Second Floor, Lynbrook, NY 11563
    To stop receiving this email, please visit HERE

If you prefer not to receive e-promo's from us in the future, please visit: HERE

Your receipt of our e-mails is subject to our Privacy Policy.

If you would like to write us regarding any questions:
    N e w Y o r k , A m h e r s t C e n t e r
    R e s i d e n t i a l a n d B u s i n e s s S e r v i c e s
    3 0 0 I n t e r n a t i o n a l D r i v e S T E 1 0 0
    W i l l i a m s v i l l e , N Y 1 4 2 2 1 - 5 7 8 3
    7 1 6 . 2 7 6 . 1 0 2 5

Just received another perfume ad. This moron just won't stop sending the same ad to the same email list.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by dollardaze
    Anne,

This email spam is coming from a perfume affiliate and NOT the perfume merchant. So, urging people not to sign up for the perfume merchant will not stop the spam.

thecool is right ...the merchant needs to s***can the spamming affiliate.
    You are correct, but who wants to run a merchant that allows this type of spam? They are aware of it now. IF they put a stop to it and our poor customers who are being spammed out the butt forget about it, then maybe someone will post them again, but personally I , and many others here, don't want to be associated with any merchant that has their name all over the spam universe.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    There was an article recently about how a merchant can be held responsible for the actions of their affiliates - think the article was even relating to CAN-SPAM if memory serves. Merchant should act swiftly to remove liability they may encumber otherwise.

I have made contact with the AM and suggested he come to ABW to address this issue. I sent him a copy of the ad. He may request others of you to forward the email ads to him for support.

Gene
    TCS

Well why don't we post the affiliate ID and have shareasale take action against this affiliate.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Be sure to report it to SAS directly also.

Affiliate Manager
    Perfume.com Affiliate Spam
    Hello Everyone,

This is Geoff, the Affiliate Manager at Perfume.com.

I want to address the issue regarding SPAM affiliates.

First off, I want to thank those of you who have contacted me lately in order to find out as much information as possible before jumping to any conclusions.

It is (and always has been) our top priority to ensure our affiliate program is clean, honest and perceived well in the affiliate community eyes.

Perfume.com has been experiencing a lot of growth and success lately. As we continue to build our program, we want to attract the right partners to work with us. I can assure you and this network, that we will not sacrifice our integrity as a clean merchant over any opportunity. It is a constant effort to ensure all of our affiliates are acting in the best interest of the community and by working together we can continue to have success together!

But we need your help!!!

For those of you who are experiencing any issues related to our affiliate program, we would appreciate hearing directly from you ASAP in order to identify what needs to be improved. The more details you can provide the better (please include samples with complete information about the nature of the correspondence)

I'll make sure I'm available to hear your concerns and suggestions and if its something we can fix, it will get DONE!

Let's all work together on this folks!

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Geofferson Marcy
    Affiliate Manager
    www.perfume.com

Hardware,

I was hoping that Geoff would shed more light on the issue. The affiliate that has been spamming us is not an SAS affiliate. Provide Geoff with whatever info you have regarding the spam issues and anything else that you think would be helpful as he has suggested. The Source of this spam is also spamming other merchants ads as well. If the merchants can't take care of the issue adequately, then we will have to pursue the Can-Spam Act.

Gene
    TCS

Affiliate Manager
    update on SPAM
    Hello again,

The issue with the SPAM affiliate is not connected to share-a-sale and has not impacted SAS affiliates to my knowledge. I have just been notified by our VP of Marketing that 2 affiliates have been isolated to the problem, and have been disabled immiedately. They will not be receiving payment and are banned from joining our program ever again.

As I mentioned earlier, Perfume.com does not want to be associated with SPAMMERS and we will deal with them appropriately every time.

Thanks again for creating awareness about this issue and for looking out for everyone!

Please feel free to contact me at gmarcy@perfume.com if you have any other concerns.

Geofferson Marcy
    Affiliate Manger
    www.perfume.com

Quote Originally Posted by iAMdiscountperfume
    Hello again,

The issue with the SPAM affiliate is not connected to share-a-sale and has not impacted SAS affiliates to my knowledge. I have just been notified by our VP of Marketing that 2 affiliates have been isolated to the problem, and have been disabled immiedately. They will not be receiving payment and are banned from joining our program ever again.

As I mentioned earlier, Perfume.com does not want to be associated with SPAMMERS and we will deal with them appropriately every time.

Thanks again for creating awareness about this issue and for looking out for everyone!

Please feel free to contact me at gmarcy@perfume.com if you have any other concerns.

Geofferson Marcy
    Affiliate Manger
    www.perfume.com
    WTG! Thank you!

Are you also going to go on auto deposit through SAS? Last week, all links on my site pointing to Perfume.com were dead and I replaced them with another perfume merchant. If I (and others in here I'm sure) know our links won't be dead at some random point, I'll feel much better about promoting Perfume.com. The big plus you have going is that you're with SAS.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast