Arrow I'm thinking and the best I can do is this...
    Hi,

hard times are coming to affiliates. All the ways people can cheat us out of our hard earned commissions are getting very easy and more and more implemented every day.

All the cloaking won't help if the darn iexplorer or spyware doesn't allow tracking cookies. Well, the best thing I thought of is this...

Now it's nothing very new and is very simple -- but it does carrie more risk than previous methods. I say, buy products with resell rights, set up a web site and sell the products yourself. In other words: instead of redirrecting traffic to some affiliate link just send traffic to your own web site. And better yet - get your own band of affiliates that promote now YOUR product.

Right now I could do everything I talked about for as low as $100. Of course that depends on the price of the resale package, but it shouldn't be more than $200 alltogether. I know it's a much greater risk compared to free affiliate link creation, but if 90% of commissions get stolen or lost what else is there to do? (the statistic is just an example and has no real value. Although it is said that a large percent of commissions are in fact stolen!)

The other way is to simply affiliate with sites that put a uniqe site for every affiliate and use that site as a source of whome to pay commissions.

For now this is the best I can think of. If anyone could give better ideas, please share them.

Have a great day!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    White label (separate site and tracking) is going to be a growth area in 2006 - merchants will experiment with their power affs to make sure they are rewarded for driving all that real, new-prospects traffic.

White label?

Can you explain further?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    a private site a merchant sets up where you are the only affiliate driving traffic there and you get credit for all the sales that happen there. cookie free tracking.

If the merchant sets up the site you lose alot. Merchants need to let us set up our own sites with their products. Someone clicks to place an order they are transfered to the merchants secure server to finish the order.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread