Anyone else see a big drop in traffic from Google starting last night?

Seems to constantly bounce around for me. Thursday was bad, Friday great, today so so.

Affiliate Manager
    It's the weekend... everyone is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by kco

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Goog is holding steady but it seems Yahoo dropped some for me.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo
    Yahoo gets PMS mood swings.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    These weekends near the big holiday can be up and down depending on the subject matter of your sites. Wait til Monday evening to push the panic button - things will probably be back to normal by then.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

This started for me at the end of September, not just this weekend. Google traffic comes in dribs and drabs these days. Fortunately Yahoo and MSN love me right now so they are picking up the slack.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Yahoo gets PMS mood swings.
    LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Since the Jagger update I got all my positions back with some improving and new terms ranking high, too. Great, but the traffic has not increased that much from Google. Scratching my head over this one. Luckily I'm getting 37% from bookmarks and direct type-ins. I'd rather have that traffic any day.
    ~Ernie

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Google traffic totals haven't fluxuated up or down 10% for my site in over 5 years. My clients Google traffic is steady with increases in MSN and Yahoo traffic. Always write the page for the shopper ... not the fickle SERP alogo. Next year I'll leverage Adword's new "advertise on this page" feature to force merchants to pay for my targeted traffic. (Adwords or slotting fee) I do know how to make very shopper focused landing pages no merchant could even contemplate taking the time to make. I don't do this now for EcomCity, because not one network merchant is willing to guarantee an optimized page's conversion ratio, if I employ PPCSE campaigns to that page. Where I have control of the shopping cart (ecommerce clients) I can honestly show them the PPCSE and natural SERP Conversion results for every specific keyword combo landing page.

Currently no network merchant is willing to expose themselves to paying me steady commissions on a 1/10 conversion ratio page. They would rather scrape the page, datamine the clickstream concept, and bring the results in-house, or farm them out to Supers/Dupers and BHO contextual triggers. So I currently do this only for trusted merchant clients, always willing to reward proven sales increases. This whole concept of optimized specific product landing pages, guaranteeing sales results, is totally abhorant to the mass advertising mindset. It isn't scaleable, nor like the Safe Haven Network model, capable of diversion or dilution of the impact of a transparent conversion ratio. The concept is therefore deserving of a slotting fee, to remove the Adwords leakage, or control the product sales reporting... even if it takes an EcomCity shopping cart/drop ship fulfillment agreement. I'd rather cherry pick any merchants best buys, then ever expose my savvy shoppers to their entire ecatalog and hords of sleaze bag affiliate spammy cookie monsters.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

drop in traffic
    Same here, it is my understanding that google made another big change last night.

trying to figure it out (as usual).

i'm pretty steady... can't get the darn yahoo or msn rankings up though... i'm a google only site at the moment....

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I have seen SERP changes albeit not that drastic (some KWs I watch fluctuated 5-15 positions..). Not sure what to make of it...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread