Question I need help on picking a Aff. Backend Provider!
    Hi! I am looking for an affiliate backend provider and wanted to get some recommendations from everyone. In the past, I have only worked with Linkshare and my knowledge of the smaller programs in very limited. Please HELP!

I am working to build a new affiliate program for an online-only retailer of health and beauty supplies. It is a fairly new/small company that is growing quickly. We don't have the means to go to a Linkshare or CJ yet , but would like a quality provider to work with. Ideally, I would like to get feedback on the what top 5-10 providers out there (aside from CJ and Linkshare) and any experiences with them you would like to share.

Any help would be so appreciated!!

Affiliate Manager
    Share.... A.... Sale
    http://www.shareasale.com

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Here we go again...ShareaSale is great, and looking at two clean networks is always an option. Give me a call and we can discuss.

Cheers,
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_ShareResults
    Here we go again...ShareaSale is great, and looking at two clean networks is always an option. Give me a call and we can discuss.

Cheers,
    Susan, You beat me to responding to this post!! Come check out ShareResults we are great.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the replies...any other suggestions?
    Just want to add that I am looking for a network that has an established affiliate base, solid reporting, easy to use tools for adding creative, sending emails to affiliates, etc.

Your help is appreciated!

Susan and Jamie, I will be in touch soon.

I agree with Chet, Share A Sale is great and well respected. I haven't had any experience with Share Results but, based on their postings here, they look promising. Don't get too hung up on the size of a network's affiliate base. While it's good a network has an established affiliate base, I believe the producing affiliates have accounts with all or most of the major networks. While LS and CJ have a larger pool of affiliates, it's likely the ones making money with affiliate marketing on those networks are also the same ones making money with the other networks like SAS. That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Best of luck with your new adventure.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thanks for the post, Greg. You make a lot of solid points which gets me to thinking, what else should I be looking for in an affiliate network?

One of things that I was looking for was a large affiliate base, but now that I think about it, from my past experiences and what you said, it is true that a larger network isn't always better. My previous program had tons of affiliates, but it was a small and dedicated handful that really produced for us. However, the one thing that I did like was the steady growth in new affiliates.

If I were to make a list of criteria, what in particular do you suggest I should be looking for? Until now, I have been looking for a large network, easy to use interface that allowed me to post links, banners and email/communication tools to reach/recruit affiliates, a network that will help me find power affiliates and pay out services to affiliates all at a reasonable cost.

So far, I have been comparing Shareasale, ShareResults, AffiiateFuel and Performics...any other suggestions to check out?

Also, I would appreciate any feedback regarding overall costs - what do most affiliate networks charge for their services? When I was with Linkshare a few years ago, we paid on a % of what our sales were after we paid our initial set up fees. Is this pretty much the standard for all other networks? And what is the standard % of fees charged?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm filled with questions!
    I really appreciate any and all help!

Sorry for the long post, but I'm filled with questions!
    If you'd like, email me at greg AT commercemc.com and we can setup a call. This is a very important first step so I'll help you get started in the right direction. You pay for the call and I'll throw in an hour for free.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I'm testing out RevenueGateway and Directrack cross campagin is always good -if you have the right offer

The back-end can also depend on what features you are looking for. e.g. "naked links", payout options, anti-fraud features. There's over 200 options when it comes to affiliate platform features. Most are not needed but if you have some unique requirements it can help cut down the search space.

Regards,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread