View Poll Results: What do you dislike most about winter?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snow (ice, sleet, freezing rain, etc.)

7 21.88%
  • Cold

10 31.25%
  • Short days (not enough sunlight)

9 28.13%
  • Other. Please explain.

6 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What do you dislike most about winter?
    ...and why?

The snow, ice, etc. People either drive like snails holding up traffic or like maniacs passing everyone like they're standing still. Very few actually drive according to road conditions. Poetic justice though when you drive up on one of those that passed and coated your windshield with mountains of slush after they land in the ditch.

Affiliate Network Rep Annabelle's Avatar
    Even though I could only vote for one - I think it is a combination of the freezing sub-zero kelvin temperatures in January and February, as well as no daylight. Cold and dark is not much fun (not to mention if your heater breaks down ... but thats a very different story)

However, on days like today in Montreal - where the snow is falling in huge flakes and everything is idyllic - winter can be quite wonderful. I can say this because I don't have a car or a driveway.... so no shovelling for me!
    [FONT=Verdana]Annabelle
    [B]Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    Share Results Affiliate Network[/B]

Join the [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/index.php]Share Results Affiliate Network[/URL] today!
    [URL=http://blog.shareresults.com/]http://blog.shareresults.com/[/URL]
    e. annabelle at shareresults.com
    t. (514) 849-8595[/FONT]

[I]Milk was a bad choice.[/I] Ron Burgundy

I voted Other, because I don't dislike anything about winter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    i love Winter too but i also suffer from SAD (seasonal depression) with the short days, i don't get enough sun and it really takes a toll on me. Other than that...it's great :-)
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Affiliate Manager
    The Snow
    Shoveled my mile long driveway this morning... even a nice little path for the mailman to drive his little mail truck through by my mail box so I can be sure to get all my bills. Five minutes later the street plowers making their second rounds come by and dump another 2 feet of snow at the end of my driveway and in front of my mail box.

I drive down the street to go to a big mailbox to drop in mail I couldn't fit in my mail box. Of course the mail box was surrounded by a foot of snow. When walking to the back of the mail box I tripped over a big rock burried under the snow and fell face first and my mail went flying everywhere... good thing there were no kids walking by me at that time.

Affiliate Network Rep Annabelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    The Snow
    I drive down the street to go to a big mailbox to drop in mail I couldn't fit in my mail box. Of course the mail box was surrounded by a foot of snow. When walking to the back of the mail box I tripped over a big rock burried under the snow and fell face first and my mail went flying everywhere... good thing there were no kids walking by me at that time.
    ouch Chet - although it sounds like something right out the Marx Brothers/Stooges...
    [FONT=Verdana]Annabelle
    [B]Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    Share Results Affiliate Network[/B]

Join the [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/index.php]Share Results Affiliate Network[/URL] today!
    [URL=http://blog.shareresults.com/]http://blog.shareresults.com/[/URL]
    e. annabelle at shareresults.com
    t. (514) 849-8595[/FONT]

[I]Milk was a bad choice.[/I] Ron Burgundy

The cold for me. Actually more/so the wind. Although I'm pretty used to it, i have never grown to like it. Nothing worse than having to walk through the cold with the wind howling in your face cracking the skin.
    [FONT=Georgia]Adam Cieloha
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]vTarget Affiliate Network[/COLOR]
    Earn Great Commissions - [URL=http://www.vtarget.com]Join Today![/URL]
    913-660-1311[/FONT][/SIZE]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hee-hee, Chet I completely understand.

I once lived in a house at the end of a cul-de-sac. Every time the plow guy came through he'd push a bank of slushy snow up against our driveway. By the time we got home from work it had frozen into a bank of ice which had to be broken up with a pickaxe.

Thankfully the town plow drivers here are much more adept at clearing snow without blocking driveways. They even clear around our mailbox. Bless them, every one!

I hate missing out on the daylight but I hate the sound and the feeling of crunching snow even more. For me, it is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. It makes me sick and sometimes I think I'm gonna go crazy before I can get to the door!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    OTHER: Car breaking down 25 miles from home when it is about -20 deg F. Happened last year to me. Not fun.

What I like about winter: More time to work on web sites!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Snowbirds. They clog the roads and provide more things for the crazy teenage drivers to run in to. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

You can't get outside and enjoy it. If you go anywhere you freeze scraping and shoveling and then have to shiver in a frozen car that is bound to break down or get stuck at the worst time!

Cold hands and feet are very painful especially if you ever had frost bite. And, arthritis doesn't feel so darned good when you can't even reach to scrape a car window!

Anyone who thinks winter is fun should be shot for the unsympathetic curr they are!

And they can take my utility bills and you know where they can shove them! Keeping the heat down is uncomfortable, too!

My cat has a cold and is taking antibiotics. The vet ain't cheap, either!

I don't think I will bathe until spring. Who wants to chance pnuemonia?

If it weren't for global warming, I would really be cranky!

December 23rd! Unto us a SUN will be born!!!!

Come the light. Come the warmth. Come!

Last edited by SSanf; December 9th, 2005 at 12:55 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't like it when it's real cold outside but there is no snow. That's a half ass Winter.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    December 23rd! Unto us a SUN will be born!!!!

Come the light. Come the warmth. Come!
    Too bad it takes several MORE months before that new sun you're looking forward to is old enough to DO much of anything...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yes, but just seeing it lighter a little more each day brings hope.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I voted for "other", because I do believe that the first point - "Snow (ice, sleet, freezing rain, etc.)" - contains a contradiction it itself. You can love snow, but HATE feezing rain (or rain with snow, mud on the streets, etc). When you're sitting you car and driving around beautiful mountain area (snow all around), everything looks beautiful and you (or, at least, the author of these lines) want to get outside and at least take a walk or something... Now, just image you're driving around an area covered with snow when you got freezing rain falling from the sky... Boy... It ain't gonna be fun. Neither a fun drive, nor a fun look of your car (particularly its windshield; if you're following other cars). AND neither will you want to get outside in such a weather... I love snow when it's well below the freezing point. I hate it when it's snowing (or should I say "trying to snow") at just a bit above the freezing point. Not fun.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I don't like it when it's real cold outside but there is no snow. That's a half ass Winter.
    ...and AMEN to that!!

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I love the snow but not on the road. Shoveling snow is probalby the only exercise I get, so let it snow!

I personally perfer being cold over being hot. I feel refreshed when I'm tired and step out into cold weather. My only problem with winter is that it gets dark so early and I absolutely abhor driving at night. The lights from cars have always bothered me and it gets worse as I get older, but other than that I love winter weather.
    LeDonna
    Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What about the GOOD aspects of winter?

-snowmobiling
    -ice fishing
    -snowshoeing
    -cross country skiing
    -more peace and quiet
    -low humidity/good sleeping
    -a nice wood fire
    -time to catch up on things

We get plenty of winter - it runs from the beginning of November til early April many years. If I didn't like most of the things I listed I think I would move.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Other:

The only two things that I didn't liked about winter when I was living up North, was the 7:00 am , and then having to drive to work 10 miles over icy and slippery roads sometimes.

But, since I no longer work for no one else but myself:

Let it , Let it , Let it snow!

The Cold.

I'd rather sweat than freeze. Doesn't snow much if ever here, but year before last we had 2 feet! It was fun for a few days, but left the whole town a mess when it all melted in half a day. I work at home so I didn't mind so much.

Can't seem to get the chill out of my bones this year. Lots of tea and Hot Chocolate.

Burrrr.

--Brian
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

It's easier to do something about being too cold than too hot. Wrap up warm and you can go anywhere and stay warm. Get too hot and you're held prisoner by a cool spot.

I've always liked snow, I never get fed up with it, I get excited when I see a new type of snow or ice I've never seen before.

A cold winter and plenty of fruitcake - heaven!

I voted for snow because it is the only choice that delays the liquor store from opening
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast