Causing Slow Loading Pages
    There's a semi-major problem with the script causing the pages to load extremely slow. . . like 10 or more seconds.

I tried emailing without listing this here but got no answer . . . are there problems that can be overcome?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc
    There's a semi-major problem with the script causing the pages to load extremely slow. . . like 10 or more seconds.

I tried emailing without listing this here but got no answer . . . are there problems that can be overcome?
    Hi,
    Can you please email me the URL of the page which you feel is loading slow? I am not sure i recieved any email from you. GoldenCAN is working fine. Let me check your page and what could be causing the speed issue.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Many times it comes from loading GC into a frame thats relient upon the other page frames to load first. Mixing DRM from some networks with GC aften causes dely in page loads too.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I understand that all the frames, and the content within those frames, have to be read by the browser before the entire page loads, but the removal of the script from several pages showed me that the loading of the scripts, in particular the Amazon scripts, causes excessive time spans. I have several pages in excess of 100K each and the page loads in under 10 seconds. Yet, when I reinstall the script, it would add sometimes up to 30 seconds to load and sometimes would not even load at all. I don't know if this is only Amazon as the pages that don't have the Amazon script are not as large as the pages that do so I don't have an accurate comparison, but I do know that the Amazon script is causing long durations that piss me off. And if they frustrate me I don't think this would be condusive to a happy audience. Some might say that I should lessen the size of the page from it's 100K structure but it is that very size, with its content and keywords, that draws in my visitors from the thirsty search engines so that is out of the question.

Asif, I don't think it's a question of which page url to send you. You say that it's working fine on your end and I'm deducing that it is specifically deriving from Amazon. I'm also guessing that missing images in those scripts further aggrivates the situation. I do know that when I've substituted other scripts, other than the Amazons, that it made a difference. I don't know what to tell you . . . but I have done eliminations that allow me to point to the Amazon script so that's a plus since this morning.

It's not something that is going to make me stop using GC. But I may have to remove the Amazon scripts from any of my large pages.

ABW Ambassador
    That may have more to do with Amazon than with GoldenCan. I use another
    Amazon script on one of my sites, and there are times when it can be really
    slow.

Mr. GoldenCan
    There are times when Amazon or any other merchant's Images can take time to load. It can be for many reasons. The problem can also be due to combinations of scripts on the page.

Are you still seeing the pages running slow?

I will still request to email me that exact page where you find the speed issue so we can do some research and try to find the problem and solution.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread