Question CJ: what happened to the Destination URL Box
    in the text links section for advertisers? It was there a little while ago.

I'm trying to use advanced feature of text links to aim a link to a specific page at an advertiser's url and all I can find is the SID box.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i still see it under "show advanced options" for the few links i checked.

i think merchants can choose to allow links to redirect or not, perhaps those that don't allow you to change the destination url, don't show the edit box. check a bunch more, maybe for a different merchant, to see if that's the case...

Merchants can turn this option on and off for each link. Are you sure this is a link that's supposed to be redirectable? Try one that you've used before.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Merchants can turn this option on and off for each link. Are you sure this is a link that's supposed to be redirectable? Try one that you've used before.
    Others have used it here before and tipped me off some time ago. It used to work in Vermont Country Store.

I don't normally use it but I need it now and expect to show some product links also. (at least they work)

I just checked around on CJ and I found some of my merchants that have this open enabled (and many that have it disabled). If you click on "Link Detail", under "Destination" it will say "Advertiser allows URL redirects for this link." if they allow you to change the landing page.

Some merchants only have one line with this option enabled. Some merchants allow redirection on all their links. Other merchants don't have any links that you can redirect.

I'm fairly sure you can manually insert the code to redirect to any link, but you need to be very careful doing that as some merchants have to land on specific pages (or with specific options) in order to track.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'll hold that option off for a while. Sent VCS an email complaining and reminding them of their very limited set of graphic links. (didn't ***** about the terrible artwork)

Maybe they'll reconsider.

Herb,

I've seen advertisers that had that available for only a few links before...check some of their other links to see if it's available for VCS.

Depending on the design of the site sometimes it's not even an option.

These thing are one of my biggest bugbears, great when they're easy to find, but drive me round the bend when I'm looking for one and can't find it.

Why can't CJ somehow list links that allow this instead of having to play lucky dip?

One merchant I use has only one with this facility out of about 20 links on offer and the one that has it is a 468 banner - a right pain when I want to put in a text link.

I've written them for an answer. If I have to, I'll feature nothing but direct product links.

Guess what: Live Person links showing on their pages.

So, if no answer within a reasonable time I may just kill the whole project.

15 years and counting
    Paul Ward - Why can't CJ somehow list links that allow this instead of having to play lucky dip?
    I second your suggestion, it should have been available a long time ago.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread