Does Anybody in the World Use...
    does anybody in the world use Corel WebDesigner??

i bought it in a "corel webmaster suite" in 1997 as one of the first WYSIWYG page editors. i have never used any other website editor (other than netscape navigator's version in the pre-1997 days).

first off..
    does anyone use it?

or...
    whats the best editor out there? i hear frontpage is good

I have never used Corel. I have only used Homesite and cute FTP. Is Corel easy to use?
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

heck it was the absolute best when it came out.. but its kinda dated now (1997) i might get front page just to compare them both. The problem i have with switching is trying to get used to the completely new program, and that may take more time than actually building a site.

if it's the version I'm thinking of, I thought at the time it was fine with which to do a "first site."

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    if it's the version I'm thinking of, I thought at the time it was fine with which to do a "first site."
    what would be good to make a "professional site"

I Use Several
    Zibzer, I used Corel way back when. I bought it because of the fancy packaging and the price. I think it was $100. It looked great on the store shelf and I was in a hurry.

I don't use it any more. Now I use Frontpage, Homepage, Dreamweaver, and Visual Studio. I can't imagine sticking with only one program. They each have different features and benefits. I try to use the one that will do the job I'm working on. That means any page, not a whole site. I'll do a site with pages made in a variety of programs. If I get stuck on a page design, I might just switch to another program for that page, and switch to another program for other pages. Corel doesn't come into play for me any more. I don't find any advantage it has over other programs.

thanks,

ill probably get a copy of frontpage to start. isnt dreamweaver a flash scripter? or am i mistaken?

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Call me old fashion, but I use Corel and I love it. There are probably others that are as good or better, but as long as this one does what I want, why bother with buying and learning something else?
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

I don't use the Corel web designer but I've used their Corel Photo Paint graphics suite for years. And I like their products. They easy to use and definitely easier on the pocket. For web design I still use an old copy of Softquad's HotMetal 6.0 (best HTML editor ever). Now a discontinued product but they have a great XML suite now.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

I used to use Hot Metal Pro, I believe it was Corel that bought it and killed it. If you want to give Dreamweaver a try you should be able to get a free 30 day trial.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread