Linkshare 2006 Initiatives.
    Since this is the slow time of year for affiliates (once you are done recoding all of your linkshare subid links, what else is there to do really in December and January?), I thought it would be nice if we could make some suggestions for Linkshare on the many enhanements for the affiliate, Linkshare rolled out during 2005.

First a brief recap of some the 2005 accomplishments:

1) A new login system requiring the reading of distorted and twisted letters and numbers in order to get into your account. This has encouraged me to limit my drinking before attempting to login to my account. Three cheers to linkshare for encouraging my sobriety.

2)The years biggest accomplishment (one which is ongoing), extending the record streak for longest beta of any affiliate reporting system in history, synergy analytics. There are numerous subcategories of synergy analytics success stories. My personal favorite is eliminating those pesky cents, and rounding everything to the nearest dollar.

3)The athena registration system. I have never been so comfortable that I know who I am after going through the process.

4)Helping build the Abestweb community. Nothing gets this forum going as much as sending random emails to some affiliates annoucing major changes to the system, and not informing others.

But Wait Theres More !

5) Not content to just glide through the holiday season, Linkshare announces that they will be getting rid of subid tracking, which is just another way of saying they will be consolidating all of your reports into one. Combined with eliminating those pesky cents, things will be simpler than ever.

For 2006 I would like to begin the suggestions with the following.

1) Eliminate individual merchant reporting. Now that all my website information will be consolidated into one report, It occurs to me that I am wasting a lot of time looking at the results merchant by merchant. If you just posted one number called "commissions" , I could finish my daily reporting in a small fraction of the time it takes me.

2)Eliminate the individual merchant linking building feature. Once item 1 is implemented I will no longer be concerning myself with whether or not one merchant outperforms another merchant on my websites. Just give each affiliate one generic linkshare link to place on its system. Then rotate links for each merchant that the affiliate is associated with the new "one link"

3)Elminate updating the reports on a daily basis and begin updating them monthly instead.

If these three items are all implemented 2006 will be the easiest work year every. Instead of painstaking analysing individual website/link/merchant results every day, an affiliate will just have to look once a month at the new "commissions" report. With the new "one link" feature, the affiliate would never have the need to change a link anyway, so why analyse. And when building websites, you will only need your "one link", which should simplify updating or building new sites. Also in 2007 when Linkshare rolls out the inevitible new format "one link", it will be very easy to do a search and replace of your entire site to replace the old "one linK" with the new 2007 "one link" format.

I am hoping other affiliate marketers will come forward with their suggestions for Linkshare.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All,

Stats Addict
    (if all goes well my stats addiction should be eliminated in 2006)

15 years and counting
    stats addict - I am hoping other affiliate marketers will come forward with their suggestions for Linkshare.
    Welcome,
    What else could we add to our Holiday List? You did a good job to summurize our wildest dreams.

Cool
    >>>3)Elminate updating the reports on a daily basis and begin updating them monthly instead. <<<

and then report by email -- don't even need to maintain a site then.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    or by snail mail...

but just snail mail the 'ever changing link' to the report ...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stats addict
    Since this is the slow time of year for affiliates (once you are done recoding all of your linkshare subid links, what else is there to do really in December and January?), I thought it would be nice if we could make some suggestions for Linkshare on the many enhanements for the affiliate, Linkshare rolled out during 2005.

First a brief recap of some the 2005 accomplishments:

1) A new login system requiring the reading of distorted and twisted letters and numbers in order to get into your account. This has encouraged me to limit my drinking before attempting to login to my account. Three cheers to linkshare for encouraging my sobriety.
    LOL!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Be very, very careful with posts like this. Last year, we jokingly made a list of suggestions like this, and darned if they didn't implement virtually all of them this year.

Seriously, though, they did do one positive enhancement: Direct Deposit and Consolidated Payments. The implementation wasn't exactly smooth, but it's great now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Seriously, though, they did do one positive enhancement: Direct Deposit and Consolidated Payments. The implementation wasn't exactly smooth, but it's great now.
    I'm not so sure. Not that we get consolidated payments I cannot for the life of me figure out if I'm getting paid what is due me. I contacted LS support today because a merchant payment was only 25% of what I thought it should be because I can't easily tell.

Yes, let's not give LS ideas, good or bad, because they might just implement them and keep moving backwards instead of forwards.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread