Hello all,

I want to know which free hosting that I can use to insert CJ advertiser link banner ?

Thanks U.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Angelfire still works (you need to use the Advanced Editor or upload the pages from your computer, their template editor doesn't do [unless they changed it--I haven't looked at their template editor in a long time]).

The only problems with AF are the ugly ads they put at the top of every free page...and, worse yet, they have started popping POPUNDERS on the free pages!

And even though the ad at the top was easy enough to sell by, the blasted infernal popunders are indeed wrecking the CR. I will probably move that site to paid hosting (NOT there either) over the next few months to ditch the popunders. (My other sites are at paid hosting so it was easy to see that suddenly the AF site had a CR dropoff that was NOT going on elsewhere...)

Of course, you also have that Angelfire web address but unless you're trying to get branding it really doesn't matter.

I know you only asked if there was a free host in existance that you could put aff. links on, but I didn't want to just say "Anglefire" without warning you about the popunders. If it wasn't for those, AF'd be a great place to have a free site--they used to be!

I just set a site up last month at Bizhosting.com. They have a free package. No pop-ups yet, nice enough interface, and FTP access. I was trying it out to see if I should recommend it as a free host (I am more wary about recommending pro host packages). Not bad.

Netfirms free hosting is also not bad, and comes with CGI bin. However, the 256kb file size serving limit is a damper on my Gramma's site since my soundbites of the kids are usually larger file sizes than this.

Otherwise, check out FreeWebSpace.net for a searchable database of free servers.

Thanks U for your help

Leader
    and
    webmistress

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Tripod at Lycos lets you use affiliate ads too.

But they put a HUMUNGOUS banner on your site.

I think its time to quit with free hosting. I have a site on a freeservers. I logged on to do some editing and the interface would only allow me to edit the standard hompage, favorite links page, images page and custom page templates.

In other words I could only access the index.html but not the other 60+ pages. I can neither edit nor delete them.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That sucks!

Hopefully they haven't blocked access permanently and it's just some glitch. Free hosts are more glitchy than most paid hosts...

Although there comes a point where a glitch on a free host can cost more than a decent hosting package at a paid one. When it's costing you more money to stay at the "free" host, than you would pay for a hosting package, it's definitely time to change the setup.

BTW, the site I mentioned in this thread is now residing with my others. No more popunders or big ugly banners!

Thank all my friend, I have a free site in Angelfire right now.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread