My sales died today!!
    About 6 hours ago, was my last 2 sales and they were posted at exactly the same time. Then 5 hours before that there were 2 other sales that posted at exactly the same time... Seems strange to me....... It's like CJ is cycling us in intervals...

this started yesterday for me

Same here Airstrip!

my sales far below normal in these two days,I just think maybe that's my merchant's problem.Now I know it should be CJ's problem.

My sales quantity far below normal,it's only 25% as normal. very strange.

I think CJ is dying a slow death! There is definitely a problem but nobody will admit to it. It's a pity really as they used to be the best network but, alas, they aren't anymore .

I will not blame CJ, my weekends are always bad days for sales.

15 years and counting
    I agree with nabeelk. Visitors are lurking and not buying today, typical of a Saturday. Looking for the best prices online then going to the mall. My sales are down for the same traffic and it's not related to one network, it's everywhere. Monday is going to be an other big day.
    Last edited by Zeus; December 11th, 2005 at 02:06 AM.

Saturdays are always my slowest day for sales - year round. Traffic numbers and info tell me that my visitors are mostly coming M-F while at work.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    About 6 hours ago, was my last 2 sales and they were posted at exactly the same time. Then 5 hours before that there were 2 other sales that posted at exactly the same time... Seems strange to me....... It's like CJ is cycling us in intervals...
    rolling blackouts and sale spurts are very normal at cj. it is really frustrating when one gets to be at the losing end, and at an extended period. happens to me from time to time. thousands of clicks with not sales. huh?

when i have no one to blame, i blame cj. they can't blame me for that mentality, really. a few of my purchases were not tracked before. and i can't believe that thousands of clicks can't bring any sale at all, though that happened to me like twice this year already. the first zero-sale days in about four years or so of affiliate marketing.

on the another hand, there are the hosting downtimes of my website/s. it seems like it is very hard these days to maintain a decent uptime on the internet. i've been host-hopping for a while for a reliable host but it appears everyone has their problems. and obviously, i noticed that my sales can suffer during those times.

then again, the search engines. seems like searching can get you different results in a single day.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    thousands of clicks with not sales. huh?
    The story of my life.

Saturdays are the worst days for me too. Sunday is a litttle better but nothing like the weekdays, which rock. I assumed it was because people shopped at work, too, but another theory is that on the weekends, people are busy with family and leisure activities and so not as inclined to surf the 'Net and shop which also makes sense.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Waytogo,

If your having downtime issues, you may want to pop the 50 bucks a month for a VPS, I have had no down time since I did ;-)

Last Saturday was my best day, but yesterday was closer to norm as most mention slow...

What gets me is 4 sales in one hour then 2 sales for the rest of the day...
    After looking at the event time it seems like the clicks are 50/50 morning to night on average.

ABW Ambassador
    Talking
    the worst days for me are fridays. monday starts slow but keeps up later. sunday, monday, and tuesday are usually the top three.

though i was also surprised that the other saturday was a great one. i thought, wow, if this is saturday, what could sunday to tuesday be. i spoke too soon. they're duds. not exactly down, but below (high) expectations.

tuesday was particularly down but it's a learning process. what a way to be learning still in the middle of the shopping season. but that's life. you stumble, you get up, and then you use your newly learned stuff to propel you to greater heights.

i've been down several times, but hey, it's fun!

mrbshouse, which co. do you recommend?

ABW Ambassador
    Overall had a great Saturday and today is looking good. Have a usual heavy hitter that hasn't been hitting. Trying to see what's up with that.

WayToGo

When I was shopping around it came down to PowerVPS or A2B2 and I went with power. I just checked and A2B2 is now about 20 bucks more than it was. The best thing that I could suggest is a quick visit to webhostingtalk (new review on power in the VPS forum) or hostingdiscussion both dot-com to see if there are any new players.

I've had great luck with power thus far...knocking on wood. It was 3x what I was paying, but with the reduced stress of a down server my quality time has increased many times that...

I know that there are a few host that allow you to buy your own hosting get the commission and basiclly have free hosting with little down time, but i needed something different, as I host many sites.

P.S. CJ is showing 1/2 the clicks my adword stats show and they have a 3 hour window for reporting stated...CJ is always close at the end of the day...but this indicates a delay in reporting. One sale posted 1/2 hour ago, but has not made it into the performance reports yet.
    Last edited by mrbshouse; December 11th, 2005 at 01:32 PM.

1 hour later ...it seems that clicks counts are matching and the sale is in the performance reports.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread