Angry Kimmyshop.com Offline
    Nice-- I made a few christmas pages featuring KimmyShop and during the holiday rush they are offline???

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

happens all the time with sas. my biggest complaint. that, and the "low funds" - what the heck do you do?
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

I know! I just happened to be doing some of my own shopping and that's how I came across it. Everyone says go to Shareasale, but I have had this happen with 4 or more merchants recently

Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    I know! I just happened to be doing some of my own shopping and that's how I came across it. Everyone says go to Shareasale, but I have had this happen with 4 or more merchants recently
    It certainly sucks but it's better than making sales and not getting paid if the merchant doesn't pay which happens at other networks.

I would love to see a policy that all merchants have to go on auto deposit. But, you could always just do biz wiht the merchants who are on auto dep. Limiting, yes, but less frustrating.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    ...But, you could always just do biz wiht the merchants who are on auto dep. Limiting, yes, but less frustrating.
    It might also send a message.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Ugh! I am not a happy camper.

There is no sound reason why a merchant should not be on auto deposit. If they are operating on a shoestring, they should not be operating. Under financing is one of the major reasons small businesses fail.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    There is no sound reason why a merchant should not be on auto deposit. If they are operating on a shoestring, they should not be operating. Under financing is one of the major reasons small businesses fail.

Gene
    TCS
    Amen.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    All - i've extended them some credit until they can get the situation can be resolved... tracking and links should work at this point.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian--

Hell of a thing. I really, really hope you don't get burned, Brian.

You should NOT have to extend any merchant credit and take the risk. They need to cough it up, now!

If they can't, they are very shakey.

You are covering us. Who is covering you???
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Hell of a thing. I really, really hope you don't get burned, Brian.

You should NOT have to extend any merchant credit and take the risk. They need to cough it up, now!

If they can't, they are very shakey.

You are covering us. Who is covering you???
    Agreed. You're a gem Brian but we don't want to see you get hurt if this is the case. If they deserve credit, OK otherwise, let heads roll. We're tough ... we've been through worse. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

For every 1 dollar a person not willing to take a risk makes. A person willing to take the risk makes more.

Money is made by taking risk and not giving up if you get screwed because of that Risk. But if you are unwilling to take the risk then sit back and live check to check.

I think SAS should offer more credit to merchants, and for those affiliates that don't want to take the risk they can opt out of those merchants when their funds are gone and they are on a credit.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    For every 1 dollar a person not willing to take a risk makes. A person willing to take the risk makes more.

Money is made by taking risk and not giving up if you get screwed because of that Risk. But if you are unwilling to take the risk then sit back and live check to check.

I think SAS should offer more credit to merchants, and for those affiliates that don't want to take the risk they can opt out of those merchants when their funds are gone and they are on a credit.
    I understand and partially agree with what you are saying.

But, understand that for everyone that makes it really big taking risks, there are probably hundreds of those who did not succeed and end up as drunken winos. Most of them thought that way once, too.

It is things like this that makes Brian and SAS far superior to any network out there!!!

We will all understand and support him when he does NOT think it is wise to stick his ass out there for us!

He is in a much better position to know whether it is worth the risk than we are. I mean, really, how much do YOU know about the financial situation of a merchant's company finances. I sure am not privy to such information. Brian, at least, KNOWS them or has had some business talks with them.

And, if we were working at risk and on credit, it would be his duty to tell us. How do you think merchants will react to having e-mails sent out to all their affiliates saying, "This merchant has not paid up. Use at your own risk"?

Probably, the current method is better. When they see a day with no sales, they will pay up. If they don't, they should NOT be able to get free sales and then skip town.

I believe Brian has it right. If we choose to use merchants who do not have direct deposit, occasional bad links is the price we pay for not having merchants able to play us for fools and jerk us around then steal our commissions.

Anyone who cannot live with that should use merchants with direct deposit exclusively. It isn't like you have no choice.

You want to take some risks? Well then, if you are set on a merchant who does not have direct deposit, you take a risk. Risk some occasional bad links if you guess wrong.
    Last edited by SSanf; December 13th, 2005 at 02:44 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Kimmy Shop
    Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    Nice-- I made a few christmas pages featuring KimmyShop and during the holiday rush they are offline???
    I had a message that Kimmy joined a new group, when I checked it, since I have had several sales, it was another gobly gook program.It seems as soon as I get sales,they are rejected, several with getting new members for share a sale, the Irish Elegance Gift Shop,AND OTHERS STILL "PROCESSING'', this really pisses me off,and with the stupid 50 dollar level intact, i earn more from LS merchant's and don't plan on joining any new ones here.If this is out of order, so is the system. I read ad tips,check the finacial reports, walmart,Target, and teens are still way ahead in sales.
    So, with high traffic, more people are still browsing, the report that Bush created 200,000 new jobs, is BS, these are the holiday temps, that get dumped after they are no longer needed.The local walmart, is so bad, the clerks don't know the products the store sells, more people returning than happy/
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Well, I agree that the minimum should be higher. If they don't have a couple hundred dollars of loose jingle in their pockets, they really can't afford to run a program.

How much do I know
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I understand and partially agree with what you are saying.

But, understand that for everyone that makes it really big taking risks, there are probably hundreds of those who did not succeed and end up as drunken winos. Most of them thought that way once, too.

It is things like this that makes Brian and SAS far superior to any network out there!!!

We will all understand and support him when he does NOT think it is wise to stick his ass out there for us!

He is in a much better position to know whether it is worth the risk than we are. I mean, really, how much do YOU know about the financial situation of a merchant's company finances. I sure am not privy to such information. Brian, at least, KNOWS them or has had some business talks with them.

And, if we were working at risk and on credit, it would be his duty to tell us. How do you think merchants will react to having e-mails sent out to all their affiliates saying, "This merchant has not paid up. Use at your own risk"?

Probably, the current method is better. When they see a day with no sales, they will pay up. If they don't, they should NOT be able to get free sales and then skip town.

I believe Brian has it right. If we choose to use merchants who do not have direct deposit, occasional bad links is the price we pay for not having merchants able to play us for fools and jerk us around then steal our commissions.

Anyone who cannot live with that should use merchants with direct deposit exclusively. It isn't like you have no choice.

You want to take some risks? Well then, if you are set on a merchant who does not have direct deposit, you take a risk. Risk some occasional bad links if you guess wrong.
    I have 47 years as a retail consultant before I worked for a company in Scranton,Pa. that owed 4 million in back taxes.Then I went online, so, I do KNOW retailing.Also, what retailors offer bonuses to associates, and who cheats, A&P,Walmart,Radio Shack, CVS and many others
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjim
    I have 47 years as a retail consultant before I worked for a company in Scranton,Pa. that owed 4 million in back taxes.Then I went online, so, I do KNOW retailing.Also, what retailors offer bonuses to associates, and who cheats, A&P,Walmart,Radio Shack, CVS and many others
    JJ
    That's great for you.

Now, as soon as you post that information about every merchant who joins SAS in their program description, we will be all set to decide on our own whether to extend them credit or not.

But, until you can get that set up, I will have to go along with Brian's plan.

off-line response
    Quote Originally Posted by thecool

Gene
    TCS
    We are well financed and have been around since 2001. Our business is very healthy and growing. Only reason why we went temporarily off-line is because the expiry date on the credit card for auto-deposit was wrong.

Everything has been taken care of and is under control. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Ron G
    http://www.kimmyshop.com
    http://www.kimmyshop.ca

Credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Agreed. You're a gem Brian but we don't want to see you get hurt if this is the case. If they deserve credit, OK otherwise, let heads roll. We're tough ... we've been through worse. :-)
    Brian,at times I found reason to complain,this is normal, especially when we consider the state of the economy, and all the problems generated by others.many of the retail companies I worked for, had credit extended, the last was the worst, a wholesale co-op in Scranton, Pa.they never mentioned that they owed over 4 million in back taxes,the manager resigned,since the members wouldn't agree on leasing another empty warehose for non food products,so a competor tool it over, we all lost good jobs,this happened several times, the retail business has become cut throat, not like the past 40 years.
    Reading how Walmart,Radio Shack, CVs and others force clerks to work overtime.without pay, and buy-outs,LBO's, and the worst, no training for thoise clerks.IN short, a merchant with the products,prices, etc. will succeed,others lose out.
    Right now, Walmart's biggest sales are on food, low margins, Radio Shack makes more on batteries,and so it goes.
    Just my 2 cents.
    JJ

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread