With mechants like this at EBates:

4% Boscov's
    6% Omaha Steaks
    12% Personalization Mall
    6% Vermont Country Store
    5% Sportsman's Guide
    6% PetCareCentral
    9% Limoges Jewelry

And several merchants gone from ABW (JC Whitney, Eastwood, Discount Candle, Cheese People, etc.)- the deck is getting stacked against us even more than it is now. If we continue to maintain the "no parasites" policy, as it stands...we will all be promoting the same 20 or so merchants that have not succummed. What option is left to take? If we accept some of these "EBates" merchants to offer a more complete site, we are asking to be stolen from at every turn. So my question is this...to create your sites, are you using "no parasite" merchants for the bulk of the site- and using some of these "tainted" merchants for the rest...excepting the stealing as "part of doing business", or do you hold to "no parasite" merchants only for smaller site offerings but more protection?

This is getting very frustrating for me...and for EBates to have this on their front page:

No Spam, No Spyware, No gimmicks...
    Just big savings

TRUST-e certified to protect
    your privacy

It makes me see red all the more. Is the honest affiliate world getting smaller and smaller? I can get all kinds of page views and click throughs...but no sales, which is making me re-think affiliate marketing the way it stands. I have been trying to hold out and stick to it...but it is getting harder.

End of rant
    Stand Tall ~Eradicate A Parasite And Put The "Affiliate" Back In Affiliate Marketing!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Dame
    With mechants like this at EBates:

4% Boscov's
    6% Omaha Steaks
    12% Personalization Mall
    6% Vermont Country Store
    5% Sportsman's Guide
    6% PetCareCentral
    9% Limoges Jewelry

And several merchants gone from ABW (JC Whitney, Eastwood, Discount Candle, Cheese People, etc.)- the deck is getting stacked against us even more than it is now. If we continue to maintain the "no parasites" policy, as it stands...we will all be promoting the same 20 or so merchants that have not succummed. What option is left to take? If we accept some of these "EBates" merchants to offer a more complete site, we are asking to be stolen from at every turn. So my question is this...to create your sites, are you using "no parasite" merchants for the bulk of the site- and using some of these "tainted" merchants for the rest...excepting the stealing as "part of doing business", or do you hold to "no parasite" merchants only for smaller site offerings but more protection?

This is getting very frustrating for me...and for EBates to have this on their front page:

No Spam, No Spyware, No gimmicks...
    Just big savings

TRUST-e certified to protect
    your privacy

It makes me see red all the more. Is the honest affiliate world getting smaller and smaller? I can get all kinds of page views and click throughs...but no sales, which is making me re-think affiliate marketing the way it stands. I have been trying to hold out and stick to it...but it is getting harder.

End of rant
    *sigh* the story of my life.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    that's why adsense is posted very prominently on some of my pages. If I can get the clicks, but no sales, I'll just turn these clicks into cash, eventhough I might not get as much as before. Something is always better than nothing!!!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread