Everybody loves CJ
    My other half got a lovely surprise the other day....an email from cj saying "your website is under investigation because it says 'website unavailable' and please reply to this email within 5 days or your account maybe deactivated etc, so she replys to them and 1 day later her account is deactivated without any emails or anything...BRILLIANT just before xmas! and just after the wonderful news our little baby girl has cancer! But reading this forum it just shows how much trust people have with cj and how they can treat people like shit...cj really have got nerves to treat people like this, what about deactivating cj for not tracking correctly, lieing, not paying on time etc, every month its something new with these guys...its a shame that they have to cheat honest people trying to make alittle money

ABW Ambassador
    news our little baby girl has cancer
    So sorry about your baby girl Stan, but medical science can work wonders nowadays, and the little ones have an amazing ability to bounce back.

There are many valid reasons a site can be unavailable temporarily, among them technical issues at web hosts, and it seems that if they gave her 5 days to reply, then it definitely should have been given 5 days to be resolved.

I didn't know that CJ disables the account, if any of publishers website is not working.

thankyou for the support webworker:-) she actually deals with a company who submits large paid inclusions etc to websites so they work by using a php script to choose the appropriate website ie: our ebay link for what someone is searching for on the search engines, so there main index page works but says unavailable and always has said unavailable, shes been an affiliate with cj/ebay for about 8 months now and there hasnt been any problems until now, i just cant see what cj's problem is, anyhow contacted them by phone so there going to let us know today why this has happened

Hey Stan!

Could you please let me know how this turns out.. I got my account deactivated the other day just like you..

Quote Originally Posted by stancrazy
    thankyou for the support webworker:-)a company who submits large paid inclusions etc to websites so they work by using a php script to choose the appropriate website .....or what someone is searching for on the search engines
    Hummm........... So how do people arrive at your site in the first place? Does it pop up or something?

Sorry about the baby and hope you get the very best of help.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    What Ssanf just quoted. Go into that a little more. What exactly is happening? A site that says unavailable for 8 months is going to raise flags.

Hi all,
    First thanks everyone 4 the kind words and no everything is legit it runs like this somebody does a search for collectables on say for example a SE directory and the script chooses the best choice like ebay collectables or gocollect its hard to explain but it is totally legit, anyhow cj have now reopened her account and have now been really supportive!

everything is legit it runs like this somebody does a search for collectables on say for example a SE directory and the script chooses the best choice like ebay collectables or gocollect its hard to explain but it is totally legit
    Give it a try. There are some really bright people here. I am sure they will understand what you explain.

Do you own this directory? If so, how do people find it to do searches in the first place? If you don't own it, are you manipulating the results of other people's directories? Do they know you are doing this? Is this something they want you to do and do they pay you to do it? How are people presented with your results? Do they download an application to see these results?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf, it sounds like one of those deals that serves up pages based on the keyword search strings from the referrers. With those type of sites, there are no actual "pages" on the site - they're just served up dynamically on the fly by programs in languages like Perl - in this case, PHP.

So the wife works for the company that runs the site, and the affiliate account is in her name, personally?

So how do people arrive at your site in the first place?
    Exactly the question.

So how do people find his site?

Does this sound OK?

ABW Ambassador
    So how do people find his site?

Does this sound OK?
    This is why it doesn't sound OK:

she actually deals with a company who submits large paid inclusions etc to websites so they work by using a php script to choose the appropriate website ie: our ebay link for what someone is searching for on the search engines, so there main index page works but says unavailable and always has said unavailable
    The next question is, how do people get to those websites?

Does it pop up or something?
    Or a toolbar or something?

sounds like it works like something similar to vibrantmedia. where keywords are highlighted with a link to merchants site.

ABW Ambassador
    keywords are highlighted
    mhmm, when they're sniffed by referrers.

Google search for vibrantmedia, including how to get rid of it by modifying the hosts file.

One of the marketing pages claims it's a way to get targeted traffic "without overhead."

hhhmmm noooo your all confusing things here...no software..no manipulating...no hidden anything the company pays large amounts to submit many websites to search engine directories sorry for confusing anyhow cj only deactivated her by accident because her reply emails bounced

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    BRILLIANT just before xmas! and just after the wonderful news our little baby girl has cancer!(
    Hey Stan,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. My (almost) 8 year old daughter Alex was diagnosed with AML (Acute Mylogenous Leukemia) when she was 10 months old, so I know all too well what you're going through. What's her diagnosis?

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Hey Toddy,
    Im happy to hear that your little girl is now good!!!:-) My baby has a rare condition i have forgotten the name but shes the 3rd baby in the uk to have had it in 4 yrs! Her whole muscle in her lower right arm is cancerous and inflamed but she was born with it she will be 3 months old on xmas day, just worried about the chemo and if that doesnt work she will lose her arm but luckily the cancer isnt spreading:-) anyhow cj has resolved our problem and maybe i shouldnt have jumped the gun writing my complaint about cj on here.
    PS:: TODD LOVE YOUR DAUGHTERS WEBSITE!!!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    mhmm, when they're sniffed by referrers.

Google search for vibrantmedia, including how to get rid of it by modifying the hosts file.

One of the marketing pages claims it's a way to get targeted traffic "without overhead."
    Is there some reason for advocating the blocking of these ads? People who have Vibrant's links on their sites aren't in the charity business any more than any other affiliates are.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread