Dumped Before Christmas
    Anyone one have a merchant dump you just before the Christmas rush and then to put you back in after it? Thoughts?
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

when they dump me, they stay dumped.

and isn't it cute how (say, in CJ) they can sneak you back in without notice? I wish there was a way of cutting them off from our side after they pull the plug.

LOL!!!

Cute!

Of course, when they dump you, they know you may not have time to get your links down and they will get your sales, anyway, and not have to pay you.

What a bunch of scumbags!!!

Is this by any chance one of those nifty CJ merchants?

Maybe, they have one of those nifty CJ advisers.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

One of CJ's merchants dumped me a few days ago. I thanked them and told them that I was already in the process of removing their links because of their affiliation with major parasites. The AM sent me an email wanting to know what a parasite was? I sent him back an email referring him to the parasite forum here on ABW. Have not heard a word back. All their links have been removed.

Gene
    TCS

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    when they dump me, they stay dumped.

and isn't it cute how (say, in CJ) they can sneak you back in without notice? I wish there was a way of cutting them off from our side after they pull the plug.
    Yeah ... I can't say for sure if I've ever been dumped right before Christams but I've had advertisers "deactivate" (not sure if this ia a dump or what ...) and then reappear in my "get links" section, plus I still get their "newsletters." Once the deactivation process happens and I've removed links, I do not put them back, no matter how good they converted. I just don't know if they are actually still a valid merchant or the ability to create their links through my account is an oversight on the network's part or what.

I've received emails from some of these merchants, asking to promote them for specific reasons and when I email them back, asking if they are active after a deactivation but never hear back. So I just ignore them.

There are a few I would love to reincorporate into my site becasue they converted. No clue what to do about those. I haven't yet re-added any merchant that has deactivated for any reason.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Last year on Dec 16th I lost 60% of my traffic.

I would call that a major DUMP.

All is well now however.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread