Question Article directories for AdSense $$$
    Hi

Has anyone here used tools for building article directories to increase your AdSense profits?

• If yes, how much keywords you used to build article directory?

• Did articles give you targeted traffic on these keywords?

• Did your pages with articles get indexed by Google (and do they have PR now)?

• Are your articles self growing, being added by the tool?

If you used tools for building article directories and have any experience in this sphere, please share it and the links of tools you used.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    This may be the next "Big Movement" that will eventually get filtered by the search engines as the results get bloated with these auto-created directories and duplicate content.

I am seeing tools that allow you to create these directories with virtually no effort. Just saw one this morning but don't have it on hand.

This could make you some quick money but won't be a good long term strategy. This is the next step up from a scraper site and is indeed the scraper's answer to being excluded from results. Watch for a lot of these in the near future. Then watch for their demise.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

can someone explain what an "article directy tool" is? ...excuse my ignorance

why don't you just stick with scraping?

Quote Originally Posted by zibzer
    can someone explain what an "article directy tool" is? ...excuse my ignorance
    It creates article directory. Kind of alternative to link exchange. Plus people like reading relevant content. When they search the web, they read info like crazy.

I disagree with the scraping comment....

I have an article directory... I used an article directory script to create it...

In my case I created the article directory as a place to centrally locate all of the articles I use on my websites.

I do allow submitions my experience has been that while i do get some duplicate stuff...

this site does have PR and I do get adsense clicks, they appear to be targeted, I say this because my stats show that access to my site is across my website not just via the home page...

I also do agree..that article directories will be over done just like blogs, RSS, and everything else that has worked in the past..

the thing to keep in mind, think long term...long after the buzz has died down and the fly-by-niters have moved on, those with article directories who are still adding to them and improving them will still be making money with them...

I dont believe a small afiliate can long term survive with one or two income streams... we need 20 or 30 min so when a few drop off we have time to replace them...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    I disagree with the scraping comment....

I have an article directory... I used an article directory script to create it...

In my case I created the article directory as a place to centrally locate all of the articles I use on my websites.

I do allow submitions my experience has been that while i do get some duplicate stuff...

this site does have PR and I do get adsense clicks, they appear to be targeted, I say this because my stats show that access to my site is across my website not just via the home page...

I also do agree..that article directories will be over done just like blogs, RSS, and everything else that has worked in the past..

the thing to keep in mind, think long term...long after the buzz has died down and the fly-by-niters have moved on, those with article directories who are still adding to them and improving them will still be making money with them...

I dont believe a small afiliate can long term survive with one or two income streams... we need 20 or 30 min so when a few drop off we have time to replace them...

JOe
    I do think these directories are a good idea, even though I believe scrapers are probably going to be turning to this concept. I think, however, that the SERPS will get clogged with the auto-created directories. A good quality directory targeted at a niche will probably survive when the search engines finally weed them out. To build these things by hand is pain-staking.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

You said it perfectly Cheesehead!
    A good quality directory targeted at a niche will probably survive when the search engines finally weed them out. To build these things by hand is pain-staking.
    If you create an article directory and post only quality relevent material, it will help you in the long term. If it's solely created for traffic clicks ... it's absolute garbage.

I don't normally use our comments to market any products or services (maybe I shouldn't start here either) ... but if anyone needs any article directory scripts, or RSS/BLOG related software tools ... we have many different software packages available. For ABW members who DO HAVE pm privileges ... just send me a PM and I can give you a list of a few software packages we own master rights to for seriously discounted cost (only offered to ABW members with over 100 posts minimum - sorry) ... no reason to pay the high costs some of these places are charging ... truly rediculous IMHO.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread