Reminder Christmas is OVER!!
    I know everyone is all excited at seeing those year end sales rolling in.

But, we are working on stuff for next year, now!

Anything we could have done for Christmas is pretty much over and done with.

If your feeds are not NOW reflecting what you will be offering in January, you are too darned late at getting to it!

Don't be telling us that you have a new feed on January 1st and expect to see everything updated the next day. That is foolishness.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Also all done with Christmas, already looking at revamping and retooling in preparation for Q2, 2006.

If your feeds are not NOW reflecting what you will be offering in January, you are too darned late at getting to it!
    I vote that you write an ebook on how to work with and prepare feeds that we can buy and download.

As soon as I learn, I will do that very thing!

Seriously, I am downloading feeds for after the first, now, and the guy that comes here Jan 1 and tells me it is out of date, gets taken right out of the line up, Maybe, never to be put back in.

I am going to do a major re-build and I can't fool around.

I am sure a whole lot of you are doing the same.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Well, I don't think you'd be too happy if I put the lilies (that are on the site) into the feed without knowing FOR SURE that I can actually get those particular varieties. I figure, better to wait rather than be one of those places with a new feed coming out every two days!

But no worries. It's not like the ground is going to thaw in January, anyway.

That said--when the lily selection is finalized (late winter/early spring) there WILL be an update...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

That is fine. It is the ones who KNOW they will be removing the Christmas crap and adding new stuff and who expect to give us the feed Jan 1 that I object to.

They can have the feed ready, now, and tell the affiliates not to implement it or not to post the new pages until Jan 1. They can even have a separate URL to download the feed if needed for some. But, day before nonsense for major updates is crap.

Preparing for Valentines day

Christmas isn't over. It is just 12 months and 2 weeks away

LOL!! That's true!

Another warning, since so many affiliates start to re-do things for the year, now, be warned that if the feed is unusable in any way, it is likely to just be trashed. There are a whole lot of new merchants and if an old one hasn't made the effort to make good usable categories or other obvious stuff, no one will likely take the time to mess with them.

We have to cut corners to just get the job done right now.

If you aren't ready, buh bye!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    Preparing for Valentines day
    Hmmm.

I have deleted about 10 merchants today because even though they claimed to have a data feed and they have great products, the data feed was EMPTY!!!

What idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Christmas isn't over. It is just 12 months and 2 weeks away
    That's a really great reminder. As there's so much going on this season, it's a extra important indicator of what works and what doesn't. It might seem like the last thing that you want to think about (next Christmas even though this one hasn't happened yet) but I learned so much in my first damp squib Christmas on the web, that subsequent ones have only improved as a consequence.

Another peeve. If your main product is "Toys and Games" get listed under "Toys and Games" not "Family"!!

Just because there are fewer merchants under "Family" WILL NOT give you an advantage!

Yes, we all KNOW that families use toys and games.

Don't make me slap you up along side the head!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Can't say I agree that Xmas is over.. i just took advantage of some Item-Based Commission products Backcountry had to offer and we've seen immediate impact. Check out the Chuckster's (aka 'the parasite slayer') latest post:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=67363

Christmas is definitely NOT over for our affiliates!! NOT OVER! Sales increasing, commission payments raising... And I expect it to be this way for at least a couple more days...

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It won't end until it's too late for express shipping. Messing with sites before that date makes you an early bird.

Which means you get a worm instead of a steak!

I won't type the A in A HREF until January, myself.

Guess I shouldnt be changing my site everyday then I have new hrefs daily
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Christmas isn't over until I finish my own Christmas shopping...
    I still have tons of gifts to buy... LOL

I am working on stuff for Ground Hog Day 2016...
    you guys need to catch up..!!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread