Is this real or spam mail?
    Today I received an email from Linkshare (well, I think it was from LS) asking me to take a survey to evaluate their Premium Partner Program. Well, the link is not a LS link, something called zoomerang, instead.

Anyone know if this is real or not? I get similiar emails from from Ebay and PayPal that look official and the link is never to them of course. One would think if this is an official LS survey that they would mention why I have to link to another company to do it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Cool
    it looked real enough to me, but I wonder what zoomarang paid LS, if anything, to get into the group for referrals.

I had the same thoughts Herb.

Hmmm..however it was interesting how it asked for our log-in name?

I'm pretty sure it's legit. I seem to remember seeing an email recently from LinkShare saying that they would be doing a survey about Premium Parnters soon.

Quite a few places use Zoomerang. They have an option to do free surveys, too.

When you're answering the survey, and it asks what you think it should take for a merchant to be a Premier Partner, I hope you all have some good answers for "Other". I know I had a good one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

When you're answering the survey, and it asks what you think it should take for a merchant to be a Premier Partner, I hope you all have some good answers for "Other". I know I had a good one.
    Was disappointed there were no options about integrity of the merchant. Isn't that important? Of course, the obvious parasite option is missing too
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Wondering what happens if we choose to ignore . . . .

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Ron,
    The Premium Partner Survey link is real. Zoomerang is an online survey tool that we use at LinkShare.
    Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    Was disappointed there were no options about integrity of the merchant. Isn't that important? Of course, the obvious parasite option is missing too.
    Sounds like perfect things to suggest in the "Other" box.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Ron,
    The Premium Partner Survey link is real. Zoomerang is an online survey tool that we use at LinkShare.
    Ranae
    Thanks Ranae. Sadly, the email looked too much like the spam mail I get every day (which is really a credit to the spammers I suppose for making theirs look so real).

I'll be sure to fill it out.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The survey may indeed be real but was indeed spam. This organization is one of those that send out a lot of the spam email that you receive. Spam that claims to comply with the Can-Spam Act even though you did not opt into the email lists that they use. I deleted it because I don't do surveys. LS has no right giving them my email address. The email address that I supplied to them is for their exclusive use and not to be supplied to anyone else. The email address that I supply to the networks is unique to that network and is posted nowhere else. That way I know when a network has misused the addy.

Gene
    TCS

Gene,

The CAN-SPAM act doesn't require opt-in.

You might want to read LinkShare's Privacy Policy and Affiliate Terms & Conditions. Specifically: "As to Your personal information, LinkShare may use Your personal information in any manner or for any purpose that it determines to be appropriate or necessary in its sole discretion in connection with conducting any activities of or on any LinkShare Network and in relation to LinkShare's business."
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    i don't think i was sent this survey email.

the only email i received was an invitation for the partnership summit at SF this January.

ABW Ambassador
    Gene, you're just proliferating misinformation. Linkshare didn't give your email address to Zoomerang. The email came directly from Linkshare and asked you to participate in the survey and provided a link for you to do so.

ABW Ambassador
    Herb, I have no doubt that Linkshare is paying Zoomerang to conduct and tally the survey. That's Zoomerang's business.

I have used Zoomerang in the past for some Customer Surveys - it is simply a tool that you pay to get access to. You have to design your own surveys. Zomerang has no idea what is being sent out as they are just the conduit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Herb, I have no doubt that Linkshare is paying Zoomerang to conduct and tally the survey. That's Zoomerang's business.
    which is why Zoomerang put their ad on the response page.

can't remember if I saw a statement about one-time use of our email addys.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread