Referrals from emails... worried.
    From 11th december I have started getting referrals from Yahoo Email on one of my Affiliate page which is doing great on search engines. I am worried if any of my competetor is spamming my webpage link to emails to drop my account from CJ.
    What should I do in this situation? I am really worried , I have more than $5000 pending at CJ.

There is something about this industry that makes us all paranoid.

Based on your post, I don't see any cause for alarm. You probably have been mentioned in a newsletter and, if so, the traffic should dry up soon. Or maybe someone hotlinked to an image in an html newsletter. Depending on the logs you are looking at, it's not always clear wether the referral is a visitor or its just the result of an image being grabbed.

In any case, I dont see how linking to your affiliate page in any email - could harm your standing with CJ. Now, if someone was including your affiliate links in spam, that might be a problem. But you would only see that in your CJ reports (lots of clicks but no tracking images) not in your server logs.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't worry about it. Probably someone liked your page and emailed their buddies about it.

Or maybe someone hotlinked to an image in an html newsletter.
    This can't be possible, because I have hotlinking Protection enabled on my website.

In any case, I dont see how linking to your affiliate page in any email - could harm your standing with CJ. Now, if someone was including your affiliate links in spam, that might be a problem.
    Your words makes me feel better.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Probably someone liked your page and emailed their buddies about it.
    I hope so.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread