Tiny Change in Article => 1st page in Google...
    Tiny Change in Article Submission
    that Gave My Website 1st Page in
    Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL , AllTheWeb, AltaVista , etc.

Today even 6 year old kids know that content is the king of Internet. If you have good and relevant content, search engines will find your site faster, people will visit this site more often, and you will be enjoying targeted traffic.

The most popular strategy to get a wider publicity for your website content is article submission. Perhaps you already tried this. If not, go to any search engine and submit keyword 'article' or 'article submission', and you will see tons of pages dedicated to articles and their submission.

Like many others, I also tried article submission for my website, and was effective. But under the harsh article flood on the market today, it is not that easy to get your website to the top of search engines. I already started to feel blue about article submission, and then it struck my mind...

I can use anchor text with my keywords in the submitted articles!

I tried it, and now I am on the 1st page in Google for my keyword with over 70,000,000 competing pages!!

For those who do not know what is anchor text I will give a brief explanation.

If you put website URL in the text, this URL will be clickable. This means when your point mouse to this URL, you can click it and get forwarded to the site page indicated in URL. Perhaps you noticed that sometimes you can see a simple text which is linked to a special URL. The text does not have any http://... in its body, but when you point your mouse to this text, you see that it's linked to URL. Clicking on this text will get you to the page indicated in the URL to which this text is linked.

So, anchor text is a simple text that is linked to URL with the help of HTML code. In other words, anchor text is hyperlinked text like this Your Website Name

Anchor text isn't new to Internet marketing at all, and I was really amazed why changing simple http://... in my articles to anchor text got me to the Google top. After asking some questions on Internet marketing forums I got the explanation.

Today most of the search engines count heavily towards ranking of your website using anchor text. If you use the keyword or keyphrase of your website as the anchor text and link this text to your website URL, search engines will gulp this info faster and will rank you higher on this keyword/keyphrase. And now imagine that you have submitted your article with proper anchor text and URL to some article engines - they will distribute it worldwide. You will get hundreds of pages where the anchor text will be increasing your rank for any keyword you put in this anchor text.

In my case, I had many articles that were already submitted to article directories. These articles got indexed by Google, having some PR. I just changed the info in article resource box, i.e. put anchor text instead of simple http://... You see: one little change gave me lots of pages with PR that had my keyword and my URL! Within few days I got on the 1st page in Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, AllTheWeb and AltaVista for my keyword.

It worked for me, it will work for you too.

Surely there are more tiny tips how to squeeze more from anchor text, but disclosing everything in one article isn't smart. Search on this topic, and you will find many useful things to get ranked higher with anchor text strategies.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMcredo
    that Gave My Website 1st Page in
    Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL , AllTheWeb, AltaVista , etc.

Today even 6 year old kids know that content is the king of Internet. If you have good and relevant content, search engines will find your site faster, people will visit this site more often, and you will be enjoying targeted traffic.

The most popular strategy to get a wider publicity for your website content is article submission. Perhaps you already tried this. If not, go to any search engine and submit keyword 'article' or 'article submission', and you will see tons of pages dedicated to articles and their submission.

Like many others, I also tried article submission for my website, and was effective. But under the harsh article flood on the market today, it is not that easy to get your website to the top of search engines. I already started to feel blue about article submission, and then it struck my mind...

I can use anchor text with my keywords in the submitted articles!

I tried it, and now I am on the 1st page in Google for my keyword with over 70,000,000 competing pages!!

If you put website URL in the text, this URL will be clickable. This means when your point mouse to this URL, you can click it and get forwarded to the site page indicated in URL. Perhaps you noticed that sometimes you can see a simple text which is linked to a special URL. The text does not have any http://... in its body, but when you point your mouse to this text, you see that it's linked to URL. Clicking on this text will get you to the page indicated in the URL to which this text is linked.

So, anchor text is a simple text that is linked to URL with the help of HTML code. In other words, anchor text is hyperlinked text like this Your Website Name

Anchor text isn't new to Internet marketing at all, and I was really amazed why changing simple http://... in my articles to anchor text got me to the Google top. After asking some questions on Internet marketing forums I got the explanation.

Today most of the search engines count heavily towards ranking of your website using anchor text. If you use the keyword or keyphrase of your website as the anchor text and link this text to your website URL, search engines will gulp this info faster and will rank you higher on this keyword/keyphrase. And now imagine that you have submitted your article with proper anchor text and URL to some article engines - they will distribute it worldwide. You will get hundreds of pages where the anchor text will be increasing your rank for any keyword you put in this anchor text.

In my case, I had many articles that were already submitted to article directories. These articles got indexed by Google, having some PR. I just changed the info in article resource box, i.e. put anchor text instead of simple http://... You see: one little change gave me lots of pages with PR that had my keyword and my URL! Within few days I got on the 1st page in Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, AllTheWeb and AltaVista for my keyword.

It worked for me, it will work for you too.

Surely there are more tiny tips how to squeeze more from anchor text, but disclosing everything in one article isn't smart. Search on this topic, and you will find many useful things to get ranked higher with anchor text strategies.
    Good information. Thank you for sharing IMcredo.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The most important for this strategy is to check whether article sites accept html code. Wihtout it the anchor magic will not work.

Though submitting to more article sites into proper categories will not be a bad thing to do. Sooner or later any page wil get page rank, if this page has nice content. Some people say article submission is another kind of link exchange.

15 years and counting
    Who is going to believe that? You...

I can send you my keyword, you'll check it with Google, Yahoo, etc.

15 years and counting
    We're all seasoned affiliates. We make money from our sites. We rank well in the search engines and I assure you we don't use BOLD LETTERS in red to do it.

Zeus,

Could you please post link to your site? I don't have enough posts on this forum and cannot ask you to send me the URL in PM.

Thanks.

dont ask for anyones site links ... if someone wants to give you their site info they will give it.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

How? I don't have enough posts to send PMs, maybe I can't get them too I don't know, no one has sent me one on this forum. On one side this is good members do not spam PMs here, but on the other hand how can they send.

I don't want to post my email here in the thread.

read the answer in the other post on PMs.
    Don't worry, untill you are WAY past the pm limit the odds of anyone trying to send you their site url are slim and none.
    Do a search ... gee mentioned that elsewhere too ... and you'll see why most don't offer the info out, especially in public.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    that Gave My Website 1st Page
    Seems that another "tiny change" is to spam the article to multiple forums rather than to article submission sites. I googled it and got a whole page of results.

Obviously aimed at utter newbs!

Today even 6 year old kids know that content is the king of Internet.
    Correction: Today, ONLY a 6 year old kid should still think that content! Everyone else should have seen that Revenue is King, for it is Revenue that keeps the hosting bills (and all the other bills) paid!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Obviously aimed at utter newbs!
    Always glad to hear nice suggestions from a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Everyone else should have seen that Revenue is King, for it is Revenue that keeps the hosting bills (and all the other bills) paid!
    for it! Don't think that getting to Google top would be useless for paying bills. Still you are right: putting everything into one marketing strategy is not wise. Today articles are a boom, in a year the market will change.

Can you share something brand new that works for you?

So "anchor" text is important, you say? The next thing I know, someone will be saying that there's these web sites that let you find things, "search engines", to coin a phrase, and we need to get "found" by them so that we show up in the "results pages".

This thar intarweb is a fascinatin' place...
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    So "anchor" text is important, you say? The next thing I know, someone will be saying that there's these web sites that let you find things, "search engines", to coin a phrase, and we need to get "found" by them so that we show up in the "results pages".

This thar intarweb is a fascinatin' place...
    Actually I haven't decided yet how to enforce this strategy, but if you have ideas, please share.

I though to use something similar with press releases, but they do not tolerate HTMLing.

This thread was good for a laugh

infoTim, your post got the loudest LOL
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Laughing makes the life longer. Live longer, laugh louder.
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

Wow when I looked at this post I thought I accidentally clicked on someones clickbank product sales pitch. Nuff said
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Hey, ya'll have had two days to post him yur special secrets! Wot's takin use guys so long?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I went back and read it again to see if there was something I was missing.

This article is so 2002.

It's funny how an article posted long ago - at the beginning of article marketing wave - still lives on this forum and rises some dispute.
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

ABW Ambassador
    It's really an insult to even begin to think that we're gullible enough to fall for super-hyped up phony-baloney stuff that's getting spread around like butter all over.

at the beginning of article marketing wave
    More like the duplicate content article spamfest.

Idea: Go post it in the comments on Matt Cutts' blog, he gets a lot of traffic and if Google LOVES content, let's see how you do with it.

webworker, have a look at the date when it was posted. Even now I see some people who don't know what is anchor text and don't use it in the resource box. And at that time not many people even knew what was article marketing about and how it is possible to get backlinks from articles and press releases. If you are so experienced and know all latest techniques, good for you and your business.

And what I can't get is why this article was ok for months for you, and now, after it has been on this forum for over 9 months you decided to bash your anger at it?

Idea: Go post it in the comments on Matt Cutts' blog, he gets a lot of traffic and if Google LOVES content, let's see how you do with it.
    Not regularly, but I post on Matt's blog. And see nothing bad about it. And not for the sake of advertising the anchor text because Matt has no follow on his blog.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread