Lightbulb Whine . . . why can't I sell wine?
    the last thread on this ended TWO months ago. To date, the datafeed still has either 44 or 73 records, depending on which network you check. This deal started back when the snow had just left the ground where I live and as far as I'm concerned the deal hasn't really left the ground. Did the client expect holiday sales this year?

The newsletter from you states items are being added to the datafeed every day. Why hasn't a copy reached SAS?

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on a site where I bought the domain over nine months ago. This site, by the way, has managed to make a couple of sales even without much traffic.

I hope the next version of the datafeed isn't as crippled as the current one. Two fields to search on with identical words?

Suggestion: for the sake of the SAS page maker, take one of the duplicate winery columns and change it to real basic key words. Like red, white, sparkling, dessert/fortified, clubs, gifts, accessories, baskets, and anything else I forgot.

Then we can use the page maker to make real, functional pages or sections.

And I'm not asking for this all to be dynamic, either, although that function should be available also. Wasn't GoldenCAN being considered?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Herb,

Points taken and properly noted...

Just fired off this thread and comment to our merchant. We discussed this on our call just yesterday. His fear was the inventory levels during the holidays and the fact that he didn't want product links out there leading to out of stock inventory since he didn't have the dynamic feature completed yet on his site. We addressed this with him, we do have GC ready to go but we won't run it with under 100 sku's.....

Your points are well taken and you are on the mark...

I will wait to hear from him today and will post later tonight. They are coming to Miami in mid January as well to meet with us and plan out the 2006 action plan. We will have a chance to bring them up to speed on the affilaite end as well.

Herb, as always, thank you for your support...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Cool
    if their act comes together promptly they will be the first wine merchant in the country to work with easy site automation. But if they wait too long, others will catch on (and may have by now) and make their offerings.

they should have added some more well-stocked wines before now as well as accessory items*. and fixed the datafeed long before this to save corrections later.

all affiliates should have been notified a long time ago what was or was not happening. Not all of us just throw a banner link up and wait.

Meanwhile, here's hoping you and the crew a very Merry Christmas!

Herb

______
    *I have other (state-specific) wine sites that could have used the accessories.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Andy, I plan to do a dedicated site - so I need this as well.

And I also need this great idea added, also from Herb ԿԬ:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...97&postcount=1

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Andy, I plan to do a dedicated site - so I need this as well.

And I also need this great idea added, also from Herb ԿԬ:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...97&postcount=1
    D,

Approved and FTP access granted....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I hesitate to ask, but . . .
    Well, it's another month and nothing happening. They could have opened up a few more SKUs, fixed their database categories . . . we could have sold more with what we had . . .

>>>They are coming to Miami in mid January as well to meet with us and plan out the 2006 action plan. <<<

I hope it is an improvement on the 2005 plan. Which, by the way, should have covered 2006.

Do they realize they look perfectly clueless?

Herb,

Awesome to have been able to talk to you by IM today!

Thanks for your insight and suggestions on how to make this program rock.
    Look forward to talking again with you.

BTW for all those interested we will have the owners of Cellars Wine Club
    here in Miami this weekend. If any affiliates have any questions, inputs or ideas
    and would like to talk to us on the phone send us an email with a number where
    we can reach you at and we'll call you on our dime. We want to here from you!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread