Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Question Synergy Analytics Questions
    Hi guys, need your help.

Whenever I try to use Synergy Analytics it just spins and spins. I let it go all night last night and it was still spinning in the morning.

Any advice.

Also:
    Has it been usefull to anyone?
    What kind of things are people using it for?

Thanks,
    GigaGolf Affiliate Manager

15 years and counting
    GigaGolf - Has it been usefull to anyone?
    Nope. It's a WASTE of time.

I don't let the wheel spins, I just go to the two reports that makes sense to me. The affiliate payment and the merchant payment. Everything else is just crappy. No useful information.

I'm, glad to see an affiliate manager coming here to tell us his side of the story.

These people at LinkShare are using OUR money, yours and mine for the most USELESS piece of crap in the Affiliate Marketing history.

PS: You know we had already these two reports available with the old reports. Nothing is new.

ABW Ambassador
    "Any advice."

Tell Linkshare you'll find another network to partner with your affiliates if they take away the old reports.

Right now, i hate it, it's a mess. I'm using the old reports until they take them away.

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    If the grapich displayholders keeps spinning there is something wrong, Gigagolf. Either you're selecting too long of date range or maybe javascript issue in your computer.

But, even when they stop spinning, I'm yet to find something I can use and make sense of and make decisions based on, in the SA.

I don't let the wheel spins, I just go to the two reports that makes sense to me. The affiliate payment and the merchant payment.
    As far as I know, those were the two reports that were later added to SA, after affiliates requested. Which simply concludes to: listen your affiliates/merchants more, provide what they need/want.

While I do see a potential for SA and I know that Linkshare is a good affiliate network overall and I would love SA to be something I use everyday. But it needs a lot tweaking based on user feedback to become that. For now, "traditional" reports do a satisfactory job.

15 years and counting
    Thank you Sami. I'm glad to see affiliates are not alone in that fight.
    Sami B. listen your affiliates/merchants more, provide what they need/want.
    I've never been so happy with the old reports.
    I don't know what they did but they run faster and I've not seen any pb this month.

Who said last month it was an obsolete technology and there was nothing they could do to make them run faster? BS like everything coming from LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami B - Uncommon Goods
    If the grapich displayholders keeps spinning there is something wrong, Gigagolf. Either you're selecting too long of date range or maybe javascript issue in your computer.
    I thought this was the exact thing SynergyAnalytics was supposed to solve. The old reports were timing out for mid-sized to large merchants and super large affiliates. I never had a problem (until SynergyAnalytics came out), but I have less than 10,000 orders per month on LinkShare.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Gigagolf
    Has it been usefull to anyone?
    What kind of things are people using it for?
    Oh, you are tooooo funny. I about fell off my chair laughing.

Thanks for bringing this up, though, as it is important for LS to realize it is not just us affiliates having problems and LS only seems to make changes when they hear it several times from the merchant end, not the affiliate end.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread