ABW Ambassador
    Angry Overture - Anyone Having Trouble Submitting Words
    Hi: I just spent a freakin hour doing up keywords twice and both time it took me to step two and would not go any further. Didn't give me any error message as to what the problem was - it just kept taking me to the page with my keyword titles, descriptions and url. What the freak!!! I am so pissed off. My time is extremely limited and I'm just very erked right now. Anyone else having the problem or know how to resolve. I can't find a contact phone number anyone on there site. Idiots!!! I'm not surprised being that it's run by Yahoo.

ABW Ambassador
    Bump- Anyone??

15 years and counting
    I swear to never give my money to Yahoo and their other crooked companies. Can't help you JadaKiss.

ABW Ambassador
    Angry
    Thanks Zeus - yeah I hear you. I'm still fighting with Shopzilla to get my $100 back because they won't take my feed and no one will help me - they don't answer the phone. Just makes you go bunkers.

15 years and counting
    I had problems with PositionTech at the time Yahoo took over their business. They asked for my money, then they said no to my listings with affiliate links and kept the money. $1000 in the drain. Crooks.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow - that is not right!!! I would have flipped. It's like they can do whatever and not have to answer to anyone.

15 years and counting
    If you remember you had to pay in advance to include your links in Inktomi. I did a killing at that time. It was a little known secret. Then Yahoo bought them. I lost much more than the $1000, because they didn't kept their words to keep all the listing already in Inktomi and it was worth much much more. I tried to fight them with no success. This day they lost my business.

I have definetely had big problems with Yahoo Search Marketing (formerly Overture)

It seems on many occasions that their editorial decisions are totally arbitrary. Like you just change one word of the description and then they deny the ad based on keyword considerations -- even though the keyword has been running on the account for years, and the landing page is the same.

When your ads get denied, they require that you CALL THEM on the phone, and make your case to a person who really has no authority. That person says that he or she will take your case to a "higher up" to make the decision.

Usually they will approve your ads / keywords if you call them and make a decent case, but it is so annoying to have valid ads denied in the first place, and then to have to CALL them is doubly annoying. It is a huge time-suck.

--
    Bob Firestone :: Internet Veteran | Self Made | No Day Job | No Worries

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JadaKiss
    Hi: I just spent a freakin hour doing up keywords twice and both time it took me to step two and would not go any further. Didn't give me any error message as to what the problem was - it just kept taking me to the page with my keyword titles, descriptions and url. What the freak!!! I am so pissed off. My time is extremely limited and I'm just very erked right now. Anyone else having the problem or know how to resolve. I can't find a contact phone number anyone on there site. Idiots!!! I'm not surprised being that it's run by Yahoo.
    I've recently started advertising there again, and yeah, I've had that bug happen.

Finally I just slapped 'em all through with the same description. Then I went back later and submitted changes for the ones that weren't getting clicks.

When I re-looked at the non-clicked ones, turned out that one of their editors had made nonsensical changes (apparently trying to make the title include the keyword). So not only did I get to change the description, I had a bit of extra aggro after seeing the mash-job.

Another glitch they have, is that when I put in a bunch of keywords, they'll ignore a couple of them out of the batch (not denied, just never approved). When I wrote the customer service department--the contact link's in font size 1, in gray, with no underline, way at the bottom of the pages in the account manager, text reading "contact center")--they said those words were "stuck in the queue" and actually resubmitted them. The resubmitted ones were okayed, but the original submissions are still sitting there as "pending." I can see words affected by that glitch piling up...

I'm still fighting with Shopzilla to get my $100 back because they won't take my feed and no one will help me - they don't answer the phone.
    OMG! I would have thought a place that size would have had its act together. What do they think is wrong with the feed?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I wish they had a system that was a bit more user-friendly. The system, when working, stinks. Add on some glitches and it becomes total frustration.

I get the feeling that their ppc is deliberately set up non-user friendly so that you will pay for their setup service.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I have yet to get an ad okayed too. I thought I was just not reading instructions right.

However, they sent me better instructions, called me, gave me a phone number to get help there. 1-866-999-6837. I have found them to go overboard helping me.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    tip: phone and ask them to do the fast track service for you for free to get you started...

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread