Fixing the CJ interface with GreaseMonkey
    Anyone use GM to hack up the CJ interface? Two things that have annoyed me is that it takes a few clicks to show me yesterday's report (Run Reports->Performance Reports), and that you have to go into the mail pane to see if you have new mail.

I finally got a GM script working that adds a button directly to the performance reports on the top bar, to the right of "mail". Also, I've modified the mail button itself to show the number of total and new messages.

Anyone else doing this?

Before I release it, can someone let me know if the number in the url (member/xxxx/publisher) is different for everyone? Mine ends in 81, and isn't the same as my account number that appears after my name at the top.

Thanks,

Sean

It's different for me.. Mine ends with 95. Though it may be because I have a different functional currency.
    <A HREF="http://www.affmarketing.org/">The Affiliate Marketing Blog</A>: Check out my latest entry on "Affiliate Marketing on a Dime"

Quote Originally Posted by x0dus
    It's different for me.. Mine ends with 95. Though it may be because I have a different functional currency.
    Thanks. I've updated the script to pull the info from other links on the page rather than defining it.

CJ Enhance user script

Sean

a few years ago it was normal to see your email count on the main page

ABW Ambassador
    could you please give a "guide of how to for idiots" like me plz ;-)

I'm not sure what kind of How To you're looking for... Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that lets you write javascript code that can modify the page being viewed before it's rendered on the screen. In this case, I insert an extra tag with a link to the reports, make a request behind the scenes to view mail, and then modify the text of the mail link.

Google for greasemonkey and you'll see a lot of information. To install the script (after installing GM), you just view it in firefox and click the "install" button that comes up.

GM can do a lot of things, one of the coolest examples I've seen is when you go to Amazon, a GM script can go and compare prices at other online booksellers, and display the results on the Amazon page.

Sean

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread