Overstock DID NOT Track
    Overstock did not track an order placed on 12/15.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Depend on no one but yourself...[/FONT] :winking:

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Too early to say with OS that they didn't track on an order placed yesterday. It may well not track, but just to soon to know for sure.

Kellie,
    I thought txns were updated on a daily basis...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Check the Overstock forum on recent timeframes for stuff showing for batches. But with most batch merchants, 24 hours isn't enough time to say with certain that something didn't track. Especially if they don't send it to the Network until the order has shipped. Give it a bit more time to see if it turns up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Check the Overstock forum on recent timeframes for stuff showing for batches. But with most batch merchants, 24 hours isn't enough time to say with certain that something didn't track. Especially if they don't send it to the Network until the order has shipped. Give it a bit more time to see if it turns up or not.

OK...Thanks for the info.

Overstock can be delayed by a day or two, depending on the kind of order or if it's over a weekend, or if something burped in the LSTRANS file which happens from time to time.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

From what I've observed, Overstock sends transactions once a day. It doesn't seem to correlate with either the order date or the shipping date, but rather to something in between. I suspect that the products get posted in the next batch after the order (credit card) has been authorized and the products are confirmed as being ready to ship. Since many products are stocked and shipped by third parties, I'm sure they rely on those third parties to notify them that the order is accepted and shipping.

It seems like about 40% of products post the next day, about 40% of products post the second day, and most of the rest usually post within a week.

I say products (rather than orders), because I don't think an entire order always posts at the same time. I've placed a big order before, and I'm pretty sure I remember the products showing up gradually over several days.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've done many OS test purchases over the years and most of them took 3 business days to show up in reports. Some took 2 or 4 days.

I wouldn't worry about it until Tuesday.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread