Affiliate Manager
    Holiday Shopping Tip
    If you are paying for those Holiday gifts with your Credit/Debit cards be aware of people around you with those Cell Phone/Cameras. One click of a button they can have a snapshot of your card.

I never even thought about that one until I seen it on the news today. One of the ways the Holiday crooks are targetting shoppers.

People actually leave their house to shop?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    My thoughts exactly... I think it is actually becoming more safe to shop online rather than at the stores. Just as many "crooks" at the malls, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    People actually leave their house to shop?

Some of us HAD to go out into the real world to shop for Christmas. Everywhere online I looked for a gift that my mom wanted, they were either sold out or wanted twice as much as the ones that were sold out.

Even worse, I bought a figuarine for my step-mom and come to find out that shipping will take 6-8 WEEKS. It would have been nice if they STATED THAT somewhere on the site.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

thats why I scratch off the glitter for the numbers on my card
    but its not like they can do anything with the number.

now a days most online stores if not all ask and require the ccv code of the card.

Wow. Never would have thought about phone cameras. Thanks Chet.

The kids and I went out last Sat. Man oh man. What a mess.

When I got home I told Grandma that I was not going anywhere on the weekend until after Christmas. If I can't get it online it will have to wait until a weekday or after the holiday shoppers quit.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    now a days most online stores if not all ask and require the ccv code of the card.
    Exactly. And on top of that, most stores do address verification aswell.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The kids and I went out last Sat. Man oh man. What a mess.
    I feel the pain. I had to go out yesterday. I'm not a big fan of any type of shopping to begin with. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to get where I was going in peak traffic. It took me about 45 minutes yesterday. And the parking lot...egads..it was a free for all. I have to go out again today. The only saving grace is that I had a great idea for the PERFECT gift this morning, so that will ease the pain just a bit. I'll don my Santa cap and a brave smile before I head out. Now if the store is sold out (even though they say it's in stock online) then you may be seeing me on the evening news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Good heads up on the card Chet!

If I can, I will go out at 6:30AM (or earlier) to stores that are open - there definitely is not much of a rush at this time of day!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread