Still not verified !
    Anyone else with the problem of still not being accepted into the throng !
    This is since May I believe this year (2005), emails received saying... dont worry.... we are sorting it out !
    Anyhow... Im not worried, but just wondering !
    Simon

ABW Ambassador
    That's more than 6 months, with Q3 and the holiday season already past. Can't you get it escalated to someone who is actually capable of sorting it out?

(a) I'm still not verified / validated. (b) No idea why not, all my info is correct. (c) I'm still getting paid.

If part (c) changes then I'm gone.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I saw someplace that verification was going to be significant after January 2006 so I'd start yelling real soon...

Charles

Well, our LLC is also still not validated, even though we've been in existence since 2001. But - no worries - as the no validation notice states, every time we log in - "...you are welcome to participate in the Linkshare Network and will receive payments as if validated." Now, isn't that heartwarming?

My concern is that sooner or later we will once again be denied payments that are legally due us, just like when Linkshare first began their new validation system.

Last month, we received a routine e-mail from Linkshare, asking us to consider participating in a promotional opportunity. Our reply:

"Thank you for your interest in our websites and for advising us of additional marketing opportunities.

Unfortunately, as we have advised several of your merchants, we are not actively promoting Linkshare merchants. We are still including Linkshare merchants on our websites, but we are not signing up new merchants or featuring Linkshare promotions.

The problem is that our company is STILL not "validated" by your company as a legitimate business, even though we are a "real" LLC that has been chartered by the Georgia Secretary of State and we are listed in their public directory of LLC's. We have been "legal" in Georgia for almost 4 years.

But, Linkshare is still not convinced we are a valid company, and is delaying our final acceptance. In the meantime, Linkshare has graciously consented to allow us to participate in the network and "receive payments as if validated." I have e-mailed Stephen Messer personally several times, and only received a canned reply to one of my e-mails, and of course no real action.

This, of course, means that you also retain the option of yanking our status, thereby denying us the money that we have earned. This is what happened while we were originally attempting to get your system to accept our data as authentic -- i.e., you would not pay us.

This is a ridiculous way to run a company. I sat at the Linkshare Summit in January, 2005 and listened as Stephen Messer described your new initiative. I never realized it would turn out the way it has. "

Now, wouldn't you reply to this e-mail? Maybe even try to check it out and see if there was anything you could do to help? I would. But they didn't. Not a single word from Linkshare since we sent this to them on November 29.

Bah, humbug.

They also do not recognize my LLC. I've sent emails offering to send them copies of relevant documents from the secretary of state and/or my bank, but they just get ignored. In the meantime, I have the indignity of being reminded that I'm an unverifiable low-life every time I log in.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Simon,
    Even if you are not validated you should still be receiving payments. LinkShare has no plans at this time to phase out or remove affiliates who are not validated. Affiliates who have not registered through Athena are unable to get paid and wouldn't have been paid since March. Registration and validation are two different things. We have absolutely no plans to purge registered affiliates who are not validated.
    Ranae

Thanks for your reply.
    Simply then....
    Why cant I get validated?? ( and I see others too ) and whats being done to correct this matter?? You have my correct details and this is been going on for so long now, its just not funny.
    Simon

Salmon66, I waited awhile to see if the Linkshare Moderator would break with tradition and actually reply to your final post of December 19. Naturally, there has been no response. Maybe the new owners will infuse some "customer service" into the organization.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    (a) I'm still not verified / validated. (b) No idea why not, all my info is correct. (c) I'm still getting paid.

If part (c) changes then I'm gone.
    Same here!!!! And now that I am moving I can guarentee I will NEVER get verified!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Tom. Yep, nothing from anyone and I've been waiting for ages!! No idea why its taking so long... Oh well... we can only wait !

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

We had a case the other day where a partner wasn't validated and wasn't getting paid. We traced it down eventually to the fact once LinkShare get a check returned to them from a mailing address that they hold all future payments until the payment address in LinkShare is updated / corrected.

In the case we had it was an overseas affiliates so, validation wasn't the issue so much as a payment had gone back and the system held all future payments until the address was updated.

Sometimes getting validated can be as simple as changing your address (to anything else - even a small change ) and then changing it back to the correct address.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks Chris for your reply.
    I cannot even tell you how many times I have changed the details on the form to try and get validated. Capital letters, lower case, zip codes etc and still no luck!!
    so.... I am still waiting and am constantly told..." dont fret... youll still get paid!! ", but that isnt the point. So will keep waiting with the champagne on ice... at this rate..it will be vintage !!!

That was me :)) with the returned check
    Hi.
    That was me with the check ) how strange.
    Pex

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I'm still not validated either!
    Are the un-validated items the ones that are highlighted in yellow?

I've checked and double checked my information. Everything is correct, but I'm still out in the cold.
    Last edited by Lectrickitty; January 6th, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Affiliates who have not registered through Athena are unable to get paid
    So how do we register through Athena? Instructions on the site say "Once logged into the affiliate interface, go to the "Legal Entity Registration" link located in the "Your Account" Tab."

I did that but there is no "Legal Entity Registration" link to click on. Am I missing it somewhere?
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's hard to help without seeing the full info (which can't all be posted in public ) , can you drop me a PM or mail and I'll see what I can do to help.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread