Gauging Interest?
    Hi,
    I have an ecommerce website that is doing quite well, but I'm looking to expand, and am considering joining an affiliate network for more exposure (and sales!)

Is it permitted to post a link to my site here, so I can get some idea of whether or not it would be a suitable candidate, and how much interest there would be from potential affiliate partners?

Thanks

Hi Welcome to ABW.
    yes, you are allowed to post your site for review
    as long as its not an affiliate link.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Hi Neil, and thanks for the welcome!

Here is My site

Looking forward to any comments/criticisms.

I've tried to make the site as streamlined and easy to navigate as possible - especially in the checkout area, which is less cumbersome than most, and I think has helped somewhat with our pretty good conversion rates.

It needs some work to flesh out a lot of the descriptions, but that's on my (long) todo list!

RW

Nice site you have there.

If you decide to go with joining an affiliate network, your best bet is with ShareASale. The start up costs are a lot lower than the other networks and receive a lot of support from the people around here.

Just my opinion, but I think you would need to do a few things before going live.
    1. Remove the Lunarpages link and anything else that would be considered a "leak"
    2. The logo doesn't instill confidance in me as a shopper. Maybe look into updating it?
    Hopefully others will chime in with their opinions as well, but I hope you decide to give it a go and offer a commission rate that is fair for the affiliate as well as for yourself. I wouldn't mind adding your products to my mix for the right commission rate
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Thanks for looking - yes, SAS would be my choice for a start.

1) Not a problem - I've been meaning to remove that at some point anyway.
    2) Agree - I'm not a graphic designer, and will probably get one to whip me up a more professional looking job at some point. I'm curious though - why exactly doesn't it instill confidence - is it just because it's so bad?

What sort of commission rates do you think would be reasonable?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi RWorld and welcome

Your products are very cool and I like the navigation on your site. It's easy to find what one is looking for and comprehensive. Nicely done!

Agree with Nature Boy about the logo and the lunar pages banner.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by RWorld
    Thanks for looking - yes, SAS would be my choice for a start.

1) Not a problem - I've been meaning to remove that at some point anyway.
    2) Agree - I'm not a graphic designer, and will probably get one to whip me up a more professional looking job at some point. I'm curious though - why exactly doesn't it instill confidence - is it just because it's so bad?

What sort of commission rates do you think would be reasonable?
    It's not that the logo is bad, it's that it looks "homemade" like it was done in MS Paint or something. On a merchant site, that always make me wonter about their credibility and whether they are legit or not. There used to be a special offer around here from Alexbet. He does some fantastic work design work. Do a search on his username and you should be able to find the ABW exclusive offer.

As for commission rate, the more the better What else would you expect an affiliate to say? Seriously though, take a look at what your profit is on each item (since you don't have hundreds of thousands of them) and come up with a percentage that is fair to the affiliate (5%, 10%, 20%, 50%, whatever) that also makes you enough money to keep the doors open and grow your business at the same time.

I'm just pulling some numbers out of the air here, but let's say you have a 50% markup on your products. Taking into consideration your overhead, etc. perhaps a 10-20% commission on the sale would be fair. That still gives you quite a bit to pay your bills and keep the warehouse stocked for future sales.

There are a lot of Outsourced Program managers that are on this board. Chet, Chris, and Andy are high on my list and one of them might be able to help you get the ball rolling (for a fee of course.) It might not be a bad idea to contact one of these fellows (or others OPM's from this board) about setting up or running your program for a time just to get it off the ground and take advantage of their experience. At least it can't hurt to hear what they say
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Ohhh... I'd love to promote a chess merchant! I promoted one for a while, but their in-house affiliate program was defective and didn't track and they would never return my calls or emails.

Do you not have the Roman's Lab DVDs? Those are awesome.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Contact Alex about help with your logo, he's at http://www.alexbet.com/ and does a great job. Best of luck with your program.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    AlexBet rocks!!!!

NB - yeah, looking at what the pro's are capable of makes me realize that the logo plain sucks and has to go...
    Point noted on commission rates. Although I would rather start off with conservative rates, then increase (or offer incentives) if necessary, than start off high and then try to cut them, which would most certainly not go down well!
    Unfortunately, I can't follow the links you posted - maybe I don't have enough posts to allow me to view public profiles yet? I will check them out at some point - thanks for the tips.

MC - No, we don't carry these DVDs, but it may be something we consider in the future.

Right - I'm off to get my logo sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by RWorld
    Unfortunately, I can't follow the links you posted - maybe I don't have enough posts to allow me to view public profiles yet? I will check them out at some point - thanks for the tips.
    Scroll down the main page of the ABW forum to the Out Sourced Program Managers Section where you will find the OPM's who frequent this board. Check out their sections where you can find contact info.

In no particular order:
    Chet - Proudmedia
    Chris - AMWSO
    Andy - Andy Rodriguez Consulting
    Jorge - Jrami
    Shawn - AffAction
    Akiva - AffSolutions

I don't know much about Watchdog AM or GSI, so I can't recommend them.
    Scott

Well, it's been a week since I filled in the form on alexbet's site, and no reply. I would send a PM on here, but I can't yet.
    Anybody know what's up? Holidays?

Thanks

I got a holiday email from AlexBet a few days ago... maybe he's away for vacation now.

I dropped him an email for you pointing him back to this thread.

He's excellent at replying, so I bet he's away on vacation - perhaps outside of North America for the holidays (he usually replies immediately to inquiries).

Hi RWorld,

Please accept my appologies, I took a few days off. I am replying to your email as we speak.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks guys - email received, and replied to :-)

RW,

Just saw your updated logo. 1000% better. Looking forward to you getting your program up and going
    Scott

Thanks - although Alex did a wonderful job and deserves full credit. :-)

I am hoping to get something going before the end of the month - I am currently snowed under with other requirements at the moment. :-o

Affiliate Manager
    Thumbs up
    I didn't see the old logo.... but the new one makes me want to buy something. Seriously. That is awesome.

I would love to have a chess merchant to promote. I have a couple of chess sites with Adsense ads now, and one content chess site that has not been monetized at all.

A quality chess merchant is exactly what I need. Will you provide a datafeed?

Susan

AlexBet always rocks with the logo's. It can set such a positive mood for visitors and convey quality as well. Your logo from AlexBet also looks GREAT!!!

You should add your site to your profile (I looked there first to see the logo and you don't have it listed).

I can't seem to edit my profile yet - I guess I haven't made enough posts.

As far as providing a datafeed, I don't see that being a problem, as I've already knocked up various bits of code to create feeds for froogle and various other shopping sites, so I could probably do it in my sleep now...

As I said, I will be aiming to get the program started later this month.
    :-)

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread