CustomizeGoogle
    Here is a Firefox extension that tries to kill the goose that lays the egg. It's nice from a user stand point but a little disturbing as an affiliate.

The extension allows you to chop off the PPC ads in Google search and kill the cookies needed for Google Analytics that I'm waiting to try. It has some other nice features that are less meddlesome. I wonder about the author's mindset. If he can kill google's revenue stream does he believe that the search will remain.

When I search, I often find the AdWords results more relevant than the natural results. I can't imagine this being useful to most people. Some people are so against anything commercial that they would never follow an ad. Personally, I don't care if those people see my ads or not. They probably wouldn't click (which lowers my CTR) and probably wouldn't buy (which lowers my ROI).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread