Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What's the worst present you ever received?
    And who gave it to you?

XH once gave me this super-duper flashlight encased in titanium. It was tiny and designed to be hung on a keyring. He thought it was really special (whereas I thought it was really pointless) so I let him keep it.

I once received a couple of ceramic heads, each about a foot tall, that my aunt made. She gave them to us as a wedding present. I have no idea who the people that they were scupltured after (if you can be so bold as to call them sculptures).

One day, many years later, one of them fell off the shelf and broke. My wife and I just laughed and oddly enough the other one got a push of the shelf a few minutes later.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Old Spice

Affiliate Manager
    Ex girlfriend once gave me a pack of gum and a sample size cologne. I soon developed a complex where I felt the need to brush my teeth 10 times a day and shower 4 times.

I later figured out she was just cheap.

we were given a plastic flower stuck in a block of wood, as a wedding gift.
    it is the worst thing i ever saw.
    god bless the guy who gave it us
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

I have an idea. (Don't panic.)

On January 1st let's have a pretend Stupid Santa game. Everyone who contributed to this thread gets to pretend pick one of the gifts that someone else posted about. That should make things more interesting. And weird.

My sister-in-law is legendary in our family for giving crap gifts, amongst others we've had have been:

- a cartoon flick-book of someone giving birth (to my then pregnant wife - we found it more fun flicking it backwards)
    - a jar of apricot flavoured mayonnaise with a month to go on the sell-by
    - a large "balloon" - really just a long plastic bag that you tied at both ends, to my son, he ran outside holding it aloft and it ripped on a rose bush within seconds.
    - a whole load of those board games that sometimes come printed on the backs of cereal boxes.

....and too many horrible scented candles, exotic soap that made you itch and so on to mention. Yes she is incredibly stingy, and it's all to the great embarassment of her husband (my wife's brother) who has started getting gifts himself as well as the garbage she gets.

batteries my dumb aunt

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    My sister-in-law is legendary in our family for giving crap gifts, amongst others we've had have been:

- a cartoon flick-book of someone giving birth (to my then pregnant wife - we found it more fun flicking it backwards)
    Geeze ... pregnant women should NOT be told, let alone SHOWN what it's like to give birth. That was not only a stupid gift but cruel!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    batteries my dumb aunt
    Not a bad gift, actually. My kids burn through batteries like they were frosted flakes ... I wouldn't mind a few industrial size packs of batteries for a gift. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

On January 1st let's have a pretend Stupid Santa game. Everyone who contributed to this thread gets to pretend pick one of the gifts that someone else posted about. That should make things more interesting. And weird.
    Oh goodie ... a white elephant present party! :-) I call dibs on Mike's batteries!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    A bizarre looking iron candle holder. I mean, it is just odd looking, like some new age sculpture of.....well, a piece of iron, with 4 candles stuck on it. I kept telling my wife it will make a great boat anchor, it weighed like 8 or 9 pounds. She had a friend that is an auctioneer, and she was kind enough to sell it for us....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    news that my orders for shore duty in Florida were cancelled and my stint on the submarine was extended for another 12 months...

(I got this news while at sea / underway... which makes it kinda hard to explain to the wife why the movers didn't show up...)

Oh yeah, I forgot the four bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee from the in-laws. I love the stuff but my ulcer can't stand it.

A Detroit Lions sweatshirt - If it was not for this gift I would not be into affiliate marketing
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Network Rep SarahJane's Avatar
    Three words: flame-retardant pyjamas.
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Sarah-Jane
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today![/URL]

e-mail: [EMAIL=sarah-jane @ shareresults.com]sarah-jane @ shareresults.com[/EMAIL]

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com]www.shareresults.com[/URL]

[I]"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"[/I]
    - Bern Williams

[/FONT][/LEFT]

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJane
    Three words: flame-retardant pyjamas.
    Dibs

At a White Elephant Gift Exchange, we got a Spam Cookbook. It even had a recipe for Spam Cheesecake. It reappeared at the exchange the next year.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGEC
    Ex girlfriend once gave me a pack of gum and a sample size cologne. I soon developed a complex where I felt the need to brush my teeth 10 times a day and shower 4 times.

I later figured out she was just cheap.
    I received a boomerang pillow from my ex-girlfriend. She put no thought into that present at all.

I also got this egg timer, instead of the sand falling down. The sand went from the bottom up. The gift was called Time's up.

I gave one of my sister's a troll once. That is the crappest present I have given.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Affiliate Network Rep Annabelle's Avatar
    This is such a funny thread!

Adam you may have a fight on your hands for the flame-retardant pj's.

My worst gift: neon lime green polyester pants that were too tight in the thighs and loose on the waist and ready for the flood combined with a "matching" pea-greenish/brownish cotton turtleneck. My sister got the orange version. The colours were a mix of circa 1972 on the top and 1986 on the bottom.

The best/worst part of it all is that we had to wear these "outfits" to Christmas dinner, because our grandmother had given them to us.
    [FONT=Verdana]Annabelle
    [B]Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    Share Results Affiliate Network[/B]

Join the [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/index.php]Share Results Affiliate Network[/URL] today!
    [URL=http://blog.shareresults.com/]http://blog.shareresults.com/[/URL]
    e. annabelle at shareresults.com
    t. (514) 849-8595[/FONT]

[I]Milk was a bad choice.[/I] Ron Burgundy

Listen up! No calling dibs on stuff. The Mean Santa (or whatever) party starts on January 1st. And it will be 1st come 1st served. Get it?

Besides, something better might turn up and then you'd be sorry.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My father-in-law gave his 3 Grandsons (my boys) snow shovels.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle
    This is such a funny thread!

My worst gift: neon lime green polyester pants that were too tight in the thighs and loose on the waist and ready for the flood combined with a "matching" pea-greenish/brownish cotton turtleneck. My sister got the orange version. The colours were a mix of circa 1972 on the top and 1986 on the bottom.

The best/worst part of it all is that we had to wear these "outfits" to Christmas dinner, because our grandmother had given them to us.
    I would have refused and my kids would certainly refuse to wear anything just because grandma gave it to them. That's cruel and unusual punishment.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    A few of my good friends gave me an ant farm for christmas. They thought it was funny. I bought them a Kramer painting. Nice gift exchange, not!

Edited - this was about 10 years ago when Seinfeld was hot So the Kramer painting was cool at the time

When I was about 15 years old, my senile grandfather gave me a toy phone with a string to pull it around, it was for someone in the age 2-4 bracket. I was just a tad bit embarassed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast