Unhappy Customer Service So Bad...
    Does anyone else have experience with a merchant that has customer service so bad that you are going to take down all their links? That's what happened with me and Spilsbury. Here’s what happened

-12-12-05 Placed an order for 6 items. Afterward I sent them an email asking 2 simple questions and got a support ticket number.

-12-13-05 they responded to my support ticket without answering my questions, but saying 2 items are out of stock

-12-14-05 I called to see if they took them off my order or are they keeping them on backorder, but the woman says my order number does not exist in their system, then proceeds to tell me not to worry about that, everything is okay.

-12-14-05 I reply to the support ticket asking for a tracking number

-12-15-05 They respond and say Error I sent no message in my email (I see the message in my sent mail folder)

-12-16-05 I call asking for a tracking number, she says she does not have one but sees my order was shipped on 12-12-05

-12-19-05 They send me an email with a tracking number. UPS says it was shipped 12-19-05 (not when they said). They also say they only shipped 3 items. I ordered 6 items, they say 2 were out of stock, and 1 magically disappeared. I was shipping gifts to family up North for xmas, They messed me all up.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    Does anyone else have experience with a merchant that has customer service so bad that you are going to take down all their links? That's what happened with me and Spilsbury. Here’s what happened

-12-12-05 Placed an order for 6 items. Afterward I sent them an email asking 2 simple questions and got a support ticket number.

-12-13-05 they responded to my support ticket without answering my questions, but saying 2 items are out of stock

-12-14-05 I called to see if they took them off my order or are they keeping them on backorder, but the woman says my order number does not exist in their system, then proceeds to tell me not to worry about that, everything is okay.

-12-14-05 I reply to the support ticket asking for a tracking number

-12-15-05 They respond and say Error I sent no message in my email (I see the message in my sent mail folder)

-12-16-05 I call asking for a tracking number, she says she does not have one but sees my order was shipped on 12-12-05

-12-19-05 They send me an email with a tracking number. UPS says it was shipped 12-19-05 (not when they said). They also say they only shipped 3 items. I ordered 6 items, they say 2 were out of stock, and 1 magically disappeared. I was shipping gifts to family up North for xmas, They messed me all up.
    GAWD ... crazy making. Good to know ... I was going to start featuring them on my site. Guess not anymore. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

sounds like Macys
    But as long as my money is coming in who cares if their CS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    sounds like Macys
    But as long as my money is coming in who cares if their CS sucks.
    I do ... I have visitors who come to ME if something goes wrong with their orders and besides, I'm recommending these merchants ... my repuation is also on the line. I care very much.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I've removed quite a few merchants from my sites over the years due to poor customer service.

I have two fairly simple guidelines. 1) If merchants aren't responsive to customer service issues, they're gone. 2) If the volume of complaints I get are excessive (even if they're handled when I pass them on), they're gone.

When I get a customer service complaint, I pass it on to the affiliate manager, owner, customer service manager, or whichever contact of mine would be in the best position to get the problem resolved. As long as it's a real issue rather than just an obstinate customer that cannot be pleased, I expect my contact to respond quickly, go out of his or her way to make the customer happy, and communicate back to the customer. A good merchant will resolve the problem PLUS give a gift certificate or special coupon to compensate for the inconvenience. That makes for a very happy customer.

I'm of the opinion that you learn far more about a merchant when they have a problem than you ever will without a problem. Problems should be rare, but when they happen (and with enough volume, they will...) the merchant should go above and beyond the call of duty to make things right. A customer with a problem will tell many people about their problem. If you resolve it quickly, completely, and cheerfully, they will tell many people how good your customer service is and you'll likely win a customer for life.

A story I like to tell my merchants who aren't sure how to handle customer complaints... I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday, and they were delivered on the wrong day (one day early). I called to complain. They apologized, refunded my money, and sent an even larger bouquet the next day. I was flabbergasted. They won a customer for life.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've removed quite a few merchants from my sites over the years due to poor customer service.

I have two fairly simple guidelines. 1) If merchants aren't responsive to customer service issues, they're gone. 2) If the volume of complaints I get are excessive (even if they're handled when I pass them on), they're gone.

When I get a customer service complaint, I pass it on to the affiliate manager, owner, customer service manager, or whichever contact of mine would be in the best position to get the problem resolved. As long as it's a real issue rather than just an obstinate customer that cannot be pleased, I expect my contact to respond quickly, go out of his or her way to make the customer happy, and communicate back to the customer. A good merchant will resolve the problem PLUS give a gift certificate or special coupon to compensate for the inconvenience. That makes for a very happy customer.

I'm of the opinion that you learn far more about a merchant when they have a problem than you ever will without a problem. Problems should be rare, but when they happen (and with enough volume, they will...) the merchant should go above and beyond the call of duty to make things right. A customer with a problem will tell many people about their problem. If you resolve it quickly, completely, and cheerfully, they will tell many people how good your customer service is and you'll likely win a customer for life.

A story I like to tell my merchants who aren't sure how to handle customer complaints... I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday, and they were delivered on the wrong day (one day early). I called to complain. They apologized, refunded my money, and sent an even larger bouquet the next day. I was flabbergasted. They won a customer for life.
    And you'll tell many people what a great florist they are and those people won't hesitate to do business with that florist and they'll be the first one on someone's mind when they need flowers.

There's a "law" floating around about how if a customer is happy, they'll tell a handful of people but if they're unhappy, they'll tell many more, which averages out to about 500 lost customers for every dissatisfied one. Customer service is vital, especially on the Internet where most consumers are nervous about doing business as it is.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

And to top it all off I just checked if the commission tracked, and of course it didn't

Sorry to hear about your troubles shimmy! and thanks for the heads up... I surely will not promote them now.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread