Results 1 to 4 of 4
December 21st, 2005, 01:26 PM #1
What do Affiliates look for?
- Join Date
- December 19th, 2005
I am new to the board and I want to find out what affiliates look for before posting our affiliate program. Alot of people have told me before to just get our program out there but I would brother have everything in place and not disapoint any customers or affiliates.
Our system will track all transactions in house so I guess what I am looking for is what stats do affiliates like to see. What is the best information to pass along.
What can a new company do to make life easer for its affiliates? My thoughts are simple, keep the affiliates happy and the customer sales will fallow.
Hope some of this makes sence.
December 21st, 2005, 01:46 PM #2
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
December 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM #3
I think the performing affiliates will look for more than "what stats do affiliates like to see". They will like to see a healthy closing ratio but, outside of stats, many will look for some of the following:
- Sellable products or services. Who cares if you're closing 30% of leads if you're only getting 10 leads a month.
- Reputable company
- How long you've been in business
- True affiliate support. Listen to your affiliates, work with them, deal with issues NOW, not next week or month or ignore them and hope they go away.
- Sales tracking that has been tested and works.
- Where does the company stand on parasites/adware/BHOs. Some affiliates still work with companies who have parasitic affiliates but this may be because they don't yet have a good alternative merchant to switch to. Top producers aren't likely to sign up if the merchant pays one affiliate to steal commissions from another.
- If you have a large number of products, consider making a datafeed available to your affiliates.
- Good commission. What do your competitors pay? Raise the bar.
- Always look for a win-win.
December 21st, 2005, 03:07 PM #4
Individual approach (when it comes to commission, cookies length, etc, etc) always wins too!
Geno Prussakov AM Navigator LLC Twitter.com/ePrussakov We Manage: These affiliate programs My Services: Affiliate program management, audit, consulting, speaking
By newshow in forum Worldwide Affiliate MarketingReplies: 4Last Post: June 9th, 2014, 12:30 PM
By zonerman in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 7Last Post: June 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
By Ginger in forum Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&AReplies: 49Last Post: October 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
By skuba in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 41Last Post: November 20th, 2005, 08:54 AM