Integrating results into existing page
    I've got a question for you all.

Let's say I have an existing page on let's say Elvis Presley. How do I integrate Elvis products into that page using Goldencan?

I tried using a ssi include like

<!--#include virtual="/merchandise/compare.htm?&goldencanst=elvis" -->

Didn't work. Any ideas would be helpful.

ABW Ambassador
    That's exactly what I'd like to know, because I don't want to be messing around with file structures on sites too much. This is why I haven't put any GoldenCan up yet.

I've an effective way to do just this. Either or both of you feel free to shoot me an email at john AT productwatch DOT org.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcrazyman
    I've got a question for you all.

Let's say I have an existing page on let's say Elvis Presley. How do I integrate Elvis products into that page using Goldencan?

I tried using a ssi include like

<!--#include virtual="/merchandise/compare.htm?&goldencanst=elvis" -->

Didn't work. Any ideas would be helpful.
    If you have a GC search box on your site, do a search for Elvis and you will get over five pages of Elvis Presley products displayed on that page.

So you can just copy the link that shows up on the address bar of your browser and put it anywhere that you want to display the Elvis Presley products.

Just give the link a good Elvis Presley keyword title and make sure to use the whole link, with the www. domain.com/ just like it's on the browser, something like this:

Example:

<a href=" http : // www .tvcrazyman-site.com/merchandise/compare.htm?&goldencanst=elvis&amp;goldencanstype="> More Elvis Presley Products Available Here</a>

I'm using some of those links and they do the job, every time that I want to display some product category I first do a search and if I like what I see, then I make the link, if the visitor want to see more products from that category, they will click on that link.

You can also go to ColdenCan and chose the Elvis category, and make one JS link to put on your site if you just want to have the products displayed already on that existing page you have.

Those are the two different ways I know, try them out on your page, or wait to see if someone else in here posts another idea.

Sal.
    Last edited by Mr. Sal; December 22nd, 2005 at 06:15 AM. Reason: To remove the live link.

thanks
    Mr. Sal question where would I go on goldencan to create an product specific search like Elvis. So far I only see where I can choose stores.

As far as the first part goes I still want to be able to integrate search results directly into an existing page. I want to have a unique page with title tags that reflect the pages content plus some other html code on the page that not only reflects the pages content but gives the search engines something to see related to the search.

thanks

Mr. GoldenCan
    There is a better way to do this but the documentation is not ready yet that is why we did not make any post.

This feature was added into GoldenCAN after ABW user "Donuts" asked for it.

We are working on a tool which will allow you to add a keyword and get the code for that keyword search results. You will be able to add GoldenCAN code in the page any where you want and the search results will be displayed within your page.

For this task you will need to create search integration solution for one or multiple merchants.

When you create a search integration you will get the code like this.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" 
    src="http://si.goldencan.com/search/display.aspx
    ?SID=2c18a1dd-cac1-4222-9599-d19bd192b66c">
    </script>
    Let’s say you want to display the results of portable dvd player inside of your page. All you need to do is add “portable dvd player” at the end of the code after the SID value.

Add
    Code:
    “&st=portable+dvd+player”
    at the end of the line.

Make sure to add a plus (+) sign in between the words to cover the spacing.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" 
    src="http://si.goldencan.com/search/display.aspx
    ?SID=2c18a1dd-cac1-4222-9599-d19bd192b66c&st=portable+dvd+player">
    </script>
    Now if you use this code inside your page the search results will be displayed for the keyword you have entered in the code.

http://www.goldencan.com/demo/searchresults.aspx

You can turn off the search box in your search integration settings.

We are adding more features where you will be able to specify what kind of search results you want.

1. Exact Match
    2. All Words
    3. Any word

There will be a tool available inside GoldenCAN very soon where you will be able to enter the keyword and select the search type and code will be generated for you.

Thanks that works great.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread